• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

powerfull speakers (1 Viewer)

blackbunny

HSC
is white noise a common thing in powerfull speakers. i just got logitech z-680 and even when i put volume to lowest i still can hear white noise. does this supposed to happed. my old shitty speakers had white noise only when i turn the up high.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
those are fuckn awesome speakers u shouldnt b havin any problems with them
is ur sound card shit? have u got it plugged into the right port? try adjusting the volume from the volume knob rather than thru windows (i.e. turn the volume down in the sound control panel)

sunny

meh.
HSC
White noise can be caused by anything between your computer and the speakers - the sound card, the wire connecting the speaker to the sound card, the speakers themselves and other equipment around the speakers and cables causing interference.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
hey sunny mate while ur at it do yuo know what might be causing my lcd monitor to emit high pitched squeals whenever it is in standby or off mode, or there is a lot of black on the scren?

sunny

meh.
HSC
BreaKing said:
hey sunny mate while ur at it do yuo know what might be causing my lcd monitor to emit high pitched squeals whenever it is in standby or off mode, or there is a lot of black on the scren?
Probably the transformer or inverter driving the LCD. If you listen closely enough most equipment with a transformer gives off some sort of squealing noise. You can try make a case with the manufacturer for a replacement or repair, but unless its really loud and causing some sort of problem, most of the time manufacturers shrug this sort of problem off and say its normal operation.

blackbunny

HSC
BreaKing said:
those are fuckn awesome speakers u shouldnt b havin any problems with them
is ur sound card shit? have u got it plugged into the right port? try adjusting the volume from the volume knob rather than thru windows (i.e. turn the volume down in the sound control panel)
do you have these speakers?? and you dont get any white noise??

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
sunny said:
Probably the transformer or inverter driving the LCD. If you listen closely enough most equipment with a transformer gives off some sort of squealing noise. You can try make a case with the manufacturer for a replacement or repair, but unless its really loud and causing some sort of problem, most of the time manufacturers shrug this sort of problem off and say its normal operation.
it's loud enough to be noticeable even with background noise like the pc running (and my computer isnt quiet, trust me) and it's worst at night because my computer is in my room and its very noticeable and distracting then so i just turn it off at the powerpoint which is a tad inconvenient. the monitor is benq and its got a 3 year warranty. do you reckon i will have more luck taking it to them or the people who sold me my computer? its just turned a year old i think

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
blackbunny said:
do you have these speakers?? and you dont get any white noise??
nah i have the z560s, basically like urs but they are only 4.1 and dont have the remote thing. but they are still thx certified and the speakers are exactly the same. i dont get any white noise or anything and im using the soundcard which is built in to the motherboard

sunny

meh.
HSC
BreaKing said:
ido you reckon i will have more luck taking it to them or the people who sold me my computer? its just turned a year old i think
You should check the monitor's warranty agreement, or the warranty notice that came with your computer - if its decent it should say what parts are covered by the retailer and what by the manufacturer. I would imagine you'd have more luck trying to talk to Benq first.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
blackbunny said:
is white noise a common thing in powerfull speakers. i just got logitech z-680 and even when i put volume to lowest i still can hear white noise. does this supposed to happed. my old shitty speakers had white noise only when i turn the up high.
yes, that is a common problem. But they are supposed to be put pretty far away.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I've got those speakers. No white noise, so look for interference somewhere along the wires.

sunny

meh.
HSC
santaslayer said:
have u got ur mobile near it?
White noise is a constant background hissing noise - not the interference caused by mobile phones.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Check your sound volume properties, Aux, or similar may be on ;)

equiski

HSC
Check your volume levels. The windows master level should be relatively low, while the actual speakers/amp should be set higher to reach your prefered listening volume. It may or may not work but its a good idea to do it anyway; the amp is designed to amplify the signal, not the soundcard.

blackbunny

HSC
connected 1 speaker to sub and just turned it on without connecting it to the computer. got other away so there would be no interfeirence. still white noise.

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
blackbunny said:
i've got the logitech z5500 d's, the big brother of these speakers. Awesome speakers. I had a little bit of white noise to begin with. You have to disable everything on your advanced sound properties other than volume.

I.e. mute microphone, auxilary, line in etc.

that should fix most of it.

blackbunny

HSC
Murf said:
haha check on in ur sound config on ur comp that the Microphone input channel is muted LoL

murf
yes its muted. but i disconneced it from the computer. so when i turn on speaker still white noise. also when i mute speaker still white noise. grr

blackbunny

HSC
NEW SET UP

i disconnected speakers from the computer and set the whole system up in a open space. area of the set up is about 2x2 metres. speakers are connected to sub. and nothing else. so i have an empty set up. just sub connected to the power and speakers connected to sub. i turn them on. still white noise. they are not connected to pc

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
blackbunny said:
NEW SET UP

i disconnected speakers from the computer and set the whole system up in a open space. area of the set up is about 2x2 metres. speakers are connected to sub. and nothing else. so i have an empty set up. just sub connected to the power and speakers connected to sub. i turn them on. still white noise. they are not connected to pc
you can hear white noise from 2 metres away?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)