• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Predict away my little munchkins (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
Ok well i am in a bit of a dillema, the course i have wanted to do got cancelled...

sob story located here
http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=51436

annyway a UAI prediction would be really helpful atm coz ive got to have a slight idea as i have to completely change my Uni preferences..

I go 2 Greystanes High School which generally doesnt rank very well (300 ish) BUT this year we do have a group of exceptionally bright students..

My results and rankings are...

ENGLISH ADV rank 9/35 Trial Mark 80% Ave Ass mark 85

ENG EXT 1 Rank 4/4 Trial mark 70% Ave Ass mark 75

GENERAL MATHS Rank 2/81 Trail mark 85% Ave Ass mark 90

PD/H/PE Rank 3/33 Trial mark 90% Ave Ass mark 95

SENIOR SCIENCE Rank 1/34 Trial mark 91% Ave Ass mark 92

HOSPITALITY Rank N/A Expecting about 85-90

Someone please help me out and estimate... muchness thankyou's

tennille

HSC
Your ranks are good (except eng. ext.). Looks like eng. ext. won't count. Probably somewhere around low 90s. Is hospitality going towards your UAI (i know it can, but it's optional- im assuming it is since you have 11 units)? I'm guessing though. Good marks. :uhhuh:

Skeeta

HSC
Yeah hospitality will go towards my HSC coz i did the exam.. the reason i put N/A for assessment mark and rankings is because its a VET course they dont actually count

for hosp its just basically your exam mark that matters so yeah..

thanks... ne more predictions???

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
thanks for my prediction. i think youd be heading for low 90s. its hard to tell because some public schools like yours can have really good years then average years (dont mean to sound rude). you could get pretty could like 94 or something i think. good luck

Skeeta

HSC
dats kool... yeah ur rite but the last few years have been really really dodgy... our principal keeps crapping on about this being the best grade he has ever seen at our school and stuff like that

i'd die if i got 94

the subjects im doing at the moment scale rather low though.. that makes a difference doesnt it?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Skeeta said:
dats kool... yeah ur rite but the last few years have been really really dodgy... our principal keeps crapping on about this being the best grade he has ever seen at our school and stuff like that

i'd die if i got 94

the subjects im doing at the moment scale rather low though.. that makes a difference doesnt it?
actually youre right there with the scaling. but it depends how well you did in the exams too. id probably say being more realistic that youd get about 91-92. wat do you think you need?

Skeeta

HSC
Well i actually dont know atm.. look at what happened in the link in my first post.. i needed 87.10 but now i just want an estimate so i can think of what else to apply to.. im back at square one

so you can tell me the truth and say im gonna get 61.40 or something lol

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
you could get lower than 87 but it really depends on your year group. really really really relies on that. and your results of course. but since you are at the top end for most subjects you should be shielded from the bludgers at the bottom. just really hope the top end performed well. good luck. this is also what i have to rely on

Skeeta

HSC
yep hopefully theres more bright sparks than i thought :)

o well... i'd love more predictions but all these predictions of 90ish are giving me high hopes...

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i said that so she wouldnt get her hopes up and be disappointed cause it hard to say what shell get considering the results from her school are quite inconsistent

Skeeta

HSC
yeah thats the only thing... my school ranks ok.. not great though and that'll be the thing that brings me down..

Skeeta

HSC
my individual rankings are good but our school ranks shit

KOfGHS

HSC
N/A
BUT this year we do have a group of exceptionally bright students..

True, true Skeeta!!! How much do all the teachers love us, they never want us to leave!! I bet we will all get incredibly crap marks and they will be so dissapointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)