• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Problems with syllabus dot point learning (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
So basically my teacher doesn't teach any physics and as a result I've been learning physics by covering all the syllabus dot points. However problems arise because as learning it this way. To an extent I feel it is quite superficial, I get screwed over in more conceptual questions and so I mostly get rekt in MC and in pretty much every motors and generators question (the ones with the diagrams and stuff lol). I find myself trying to twist the question into knowledge rather than the other way around.

What can I do to overcome this?

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
don't rote

go back from the beginning and revise those dot points. You may find that some questions are testing several things in that one question

Axio

=o
HSC
So basically my teacher doesn't teach any physics and as a result I've been learning physics by covering all the syllabus dot points. However problems arise because as learning it this way. To an extent I feel it is quite superficial, I get screwed over in more conceptual questions and so I mostly get rekt in MC and in pretty much every motors and generators question (the ones with the diagrams and stuff lol). I find myself trying to twist the question into knowledge rather than the other way around.

What can I do to overcome this?
Add questions that you have trouble with and their solutions to your notes.

Thank_You

HSC
Also, seriously, check up youtube on the explanations, because I believe it is very important to understand the key concepts first and after that you can actually memorise dot points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)