• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Proposed US Carrier Strike Group stationed at HMAS Stirling, Perth (2 Viewers)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
For someone who accuses others of moving the goal posts you do use "threat" very flexibly.
no, i just don't live in lentopia lalaland where the interests of superpowers are magically aligned always and 5eva and democracies are bffz

Lentern

HSC
no, i just don't live in lentopia lalaland where the interests of superpowers are magically aligned always and 5eva and democracies are bffz
It isn't about everyone being wonderful friends it's about the rise of the technocratic consensus in these major powers and that hard headed ideologues in politics are forever having a declining influence on policy.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You mean they're being swallowed up by career politicians who don't really give a shit about economics (all of Europe) and just how far on top of the shit heap they can get

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
It isn't about everyone being wonderful friends it's about the rise of the technocratic consensus in these major powers and that hard headed ideologues in politics are forever having a declining influence on policy.

Lentern

HSC
You mean they're being swallowed up by career politicians who don't really give a shit about economics (all of Europe) and just how far on top of the shit heap they can get
No I mean these days public servants call the shots.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
No I mean these days public servants call the shots.
lord liverpool was a public servant
the second french republic was run by public servants
hitler was a public servant
stalin was a public servant
pol pot was a public servant
nero was a public servant
dick cheney was a public servant

the public service literally has nothing to do with anything. the bureaucratization of the state and its war fighting capacity is exactly what contributed to the devastating and unparalleled scale of warfare from the 16th century onwards. and it put those men above in charge. and now you're contending that the bureaucrats are some great merchants of peace. your idea is preposterous. try and qualify it.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
lord liverpool was a public servant
the second french republic was run by public servants
hitler was a public servant
stalin was a public servant
pol pot was a public servant
nero was a public servant
dick cheney was a public servant

the public service literally has nothing to do with anything. the bureaucratization of the state and its war fighting capacity is exactly what contributed to the devastating and unparalleled scale of warfare from the 16th century onwards. and it put those men above in charge. and now you're contending that the bureaucrats are some great merchants of peace. your idea is preposterous. try and qualify it.
Technocrats I think was the term I used and any remotely competent treasurer in this era is gunna tell the Prime Minister of the day that an attempted land conquest just isn't financially viable.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Technocrats I think was the term I used and any remotely competent treasurer in this era is gunna tell the Prime Minister of the day that an attempted land conquest just isn't financially viable.
under most definitions (e.g. weberian) a technocrat is a bureaucrat, and a technocratic rule would be a bureaucratic rule

and i'm sorry but the treasurer is not allowed in the war room

Lentern

HSC
under most definitions (e.g. weberian) a technocrat is a bureaucrat, and a technocratic rule would be a bureaucratic rule

and i'm sorry but the treasurer is not allowed in the war room
Fine then the army can fund their operations without public money. (I actually meant to write Treasury)

Technocracy tends more towards government by experts than merely by administrators.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Others will get it. They'll disagree with it but they'll at least understand it.
If you were referring to the Peloponnesian War then I would strongly disagree with it. We (Australia) must rapidly increase our military capacity.

Lentern

HSC
If you were referring to the Peloponnesian War then I would strongly disagree with it. We (Australia) must rapidly increase our military capacity.
I know you think that but you're extremely ignorant on all maters.

Lentern

HSC
we have to increase our military capacity in order to fight the boat people
There's this bloke who comments on the Australian Blogs, Reg I think his name is, anyway what's happening right is Soeharto is actually still alive and he's deliberately sending all these boats down to Australia to test our capabilities with the long term intention of annexing some of our smaller, extraterritorial islands like Christmas because Indonesia is so overpopulated and need to start putting up colonies. This of itself isn't too much of a problem says Reg, places like Christmas Island are not integral to our national identity but if they get away with it, without doubt they will try and take some of North Western mainland Australia too.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
There's this bloke who comments on the Australian Blogs, Reg I think his name is, anyway what's happening right is Soeharto is actually still alive and he's deliberately sending all these boats down to Australia to test our capabilities with the long term intention of annexing some of our smaller, extraterritorial islands like Christmas because Indonesia is so overpopulated and need to start putting up colonies. This of itself isn't too much of a problem says Reg, places like Christmas Island are not integral to our national identity but if they get away with it, without doubt they will try and take some of North Western mainland Australia too.
Australia will come under threat from our Asian neighbours in the future, not just by their swelling numbers but increasing military tensions in which a scenario where Indonesia or China was to invade Australia is not unimaginable. The only reason we are safe for the moment is that we have the support of the US.

we have to increase our military capacity in order to fight the boat people
I am all for investing in and increasing the size of our Navy deployed in the Northern waters above Australia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)