• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

PS3 or 360? (1 Viewer)

PS3 or Xbox 360

• Playstation 3

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

***mike***

HSC
well, i am a HUGE playstation fan, but i have met some opposition in my class, i thought that i might get an outside opinion...

which is better: PS3 or Xbox 360??

Marzaa

HSC
I've got neither console, but i'd say that ps3 looks better :)

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
i have none, i have a pc which is better, well thats what i think anyway. PS3 or Xbox360 graphics are not good like pc graphics.

notoneto

HSC
Hakz said:
i have none, i have a pc which is better, well thats what i think anyway. PS3 or Xbox360 graphics are not good like pc graphics.
Well, 360 and PS3 graphics are better than most pc's (i can't judge your pc) but this question is an unfair question

360 is frist of all cheaper atm, its online its great and the graphics look amazing but in my opionin they have to many pc like games.

PS3 has better looking graphics and more well known games behind it (Metal Gear, The Final Fantsy series etc) but cost an arm and a leg atm but it came out later so it will be more costly and more advanded becasue they looked at 360 and impoved on what they did so its unfair to judge

I'm a PS3 follow due to the game range but if 360 put more console sytle than pc games i would enjoy it more

Hakz

Proud Member
HSC
N/A
I guess it depends on what you like. I really like seeing better graphics thats why i prefer pc. PC also has directx10 so that really increases the graphics compared to consoles. I am too use to playin on pc that i find it hard using a controller.

Also ye computer parts will most probably cost you more then just buying a console, as a good graphics card is like $400.

Last edited:

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
notoneto said:
Well, 360 and PS3 graphics are better than most pc's (i can't judge your pc) but this question is an unfair question

360 is frist of all cheaper atm, its online its great and the graphics look amazing but in my opionin they have to many pc like games.

PS3 has better looking graphics and more well known games behind it (Metal Gear, The Final Fantsy series etc) but cost an arm and a leg atm but it came out later so it will be more costly and more advanded becasue they looked at 360 and impoved on what they did so its unfair to judge

I'm a PS3 follow due to the game range but if 360 put more console sytle than pc games i would enjoy it more
they spend years designing and manufacturing the consoles. though they probably were interested in knowing the specs of their competition i doubt that sony really done any major changes on the ps3 in the several months in which only the 360 was on the market.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
notoneto said:
Judge harshly don't you stanzi, i remenber when 360 came out it like most new consoles it didn't use its full potential. When you say to compare an 360 game to the same PS3 game right now of course 360 will win becasue the developers of a shared game thinks less of the ps3 and dull it down but we should judge on shared games, we (if we should judge) judge on there independent games such in that since 360 has half-life and the (hands down) best FPS around but the ps3 will (more than likely) have better fantasy games.

We will see won't we
Actually, when it came out, it was used quite well. I am comparing games like Fight Night Round 3, which came out a similar time after the release of the console on both systems.

Also by making your assertions you are indirectly stating that the ps3 will always be one year behind the xbox 360, in terms of development, since it came out a year after

Also, which developers 'think less' of the ps3? All developers want their games to succeed on all platforms.

'The 360 has half life'.... ??? what? the PS3 AND 360 have half life: orange box. They are coming out on both ps3 and the 360. The difference is that the development time is greater for the ps3 (like for numerous other games).

What is the hands-down FPS around?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
runtlocks said:
It's possible that you might have a point in there, somewhere, but I can't get past your terrible terrible diction.

360 has the better library at the moment, there's no need for blu-ray (or hd-dvd, for that matter) at this time, lower price plus all the things that stanzi (lol) mentioned. It really is a no-brainer.
if you're a video-file there's a need for bluray and HD-DVD. However, for $649 I can get an Xbox 360 with a 120GB HDD and HDMI. For another $200 I can get the HD-DVD drive.

mashiibo

HSC
Being a Sony fan its PS3 all the way..the graphics and options are good, but it probably depends on how good your TV resolution is to take on the graphics..plus it saves you from buying the Blu-ray DVD player >.>

360 has the games for now so its obviously more enjoyable at the present state..cept Motor Storm on PS3 rocks..heh the epileptic fits when the motorcyclists fall from the cliff xD

(Wii only innovated the gameplay, cos its obvious Sony and Microsoft would get more sales if it didnt..my opinion)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I have both. The Xbox 360 shits all over the PS3, but only at the moment. I believe the PS3 has more potential, but if you need a console now, go for a 360.

Resistance: Fall of Man - looks crap compared to most Xbox 360 FPS
Motostorm - graphically, looks about the same as DiRT (which is both on 360 and ps3 soon [it often takes a while for games to be ported to the ps3)
Heavenly Sword - looks good, but not fantastic. Fun to play, but short.
Ninja Gaiden - orsum :eek:
Sports games, such as madden: worse on the PS3 at the moment. Firstly because of a lack of vibration in the controller. Secondly, they're getting more graphical glitches and lower frame rates (although I'm sure in a year's time these will be sorted out)

I think the main problem is that PS3 games are taking longer to develop. For instance, I will be playing Stranglehold next week. PS3 owners must wait until the end of the month. I'll be playing Half-Life: Orange Box 3 weeks before the PS3 version. DiRT about 3 months before the PS3 version. The list of such titles is absolutely huge.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Marzaa said:
I've got neither console, but i'd say that ps3 looks better :)
in what way? graphically? give me one example where a game that has come out on both ps3 and xbox 360 looked better than its xbox 360 counterpart. Even Fight Night which came out a year after the 360 version looked worse.

Again, in time, the ps3 has the potential to look better than the 360. However, developers haven't been able to maximise their use of the ps3's complex architecture yet.

notoneto

HSC
stazi said:
in what way? graphically? give me one example where a game that has come out on both ps3 and xbox 360 looked better than its xbox 360 counterpart. Even Fight Night which came out a year after the 360 version looked worse.

Again, in time, the ps3 has the potential to look better than the 360. However, developers haven't been able to maximise their use of the ps3's complex architecture yet.
Judge harshly don't you stanzi, i remenber when 360 came out it like most new consoles it didn't use its full potential. When you say to compare an 360 game to the same PS3 game right now of course 360 will win becasue the developers of a shared game thinks less of the ps3 and dull it down but we should judge on shared games, we (if we should judge) judge on there independent games such in that since 360 has half-life and the (hands down) best FPS around but the ps3 will (more than likely) have better fantasy games.

We will see won't we

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
notoneto said:

We will see won't we
It's possible that you might have a point in there, somewhere, but I can't get past your terrible terrible diction.

360 has the better library at the moment, there's no need for blu-ray (or hd-dvd, for that matter) at this time, lower price plus all the things that stanzi (lol) mentioned. It really is a no-brainer.

Sew2289

HSC
360 for sure...From a PS3/360 owner, I find Myself playing the 360 90% mainly due to the fact that the PS3 hasn't got a great range of titles. For the 360, there is a great lineup of games coming out before the end of they year i.e Bioshock, Halo 3, COD4 e.t.c and others.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
^^^ my posts were time-glitched. marzaa the reply is above

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)