• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Qeustions about the library. (1 Viewer)

sixb0nes

xor sanity, sanity
HSC
Hello. This thread is regarding the Uni library and more specifically, study tables. I spent the last half hour looking over the floor plans for the library and I can't seem to locate and specific area reserved for the primary purpose to study. There were some group private study rooms and rooms for post-graduates, but you have to reserve and do some other rubbish.

Is there any general area with tables and seats to do study? Thank you.

Edit: Also, I was going to make another thread, but I didn't want to come off as annoying or anything like that. This question is in regards to the CSC due on Monday. What happens if you're short around 20 dollars, will my enrollment be cancelled? That would suck. Okay, thanks!

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
sixb0nes said:
Hello. This thread is regarding the Uni library and more specifically, study tables. I spent the last half hour looking over the floor plans for the library and I can't seem to locate and specific area reserved for the primary purpose to study. There were some group private study rooms and rooms for post-graduates, but you have to reserve and do some other rubbish.

Is there any general area with tables and seats to do study? Thank you.

Edit: Also, I was going to make another thread, but I didn't want to come off as annoying or anything like that. This question is in regards to the CSC due on Monday. What happens if you're short around 20 dollars, will my enrollment be cancelled? That would suck. Okay, thanks!
You must pay it on Monday else either be charged a $100 late fee, or have your enrollment cancelled. :(

(I think it's $100).

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah it won't be cancelled, but you'll get a late fee.

And theres plenty of spaces in the library to study, quite a few on each floor I think.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
im sure u can find the remainer of the money from somewhere?

if its exactly $20 that ur short, u can get a WUSA loan.....

also, on the topic of the library, does anyone know any details about this "ILIP" shit that we have to do? should i be doing some random assignment and where should i get it from>

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
fuck yeah, 100% in my first ever university course...ILIP100 :p

sixb0nes

xor sanity, sanity
HSC
Thanks for replies. Yeah you don't need to worry anymore I have the remainder. Now the only thing I have to worry about are the long lines on monday! Haha.
Anyway, I did go to the library on my first day in fact, and I was just walking around and I received some very angry glares, I have no idea why. This one girl looked at me as if I had killed her puppy for god's sake, and all I was doing was walking. Oh well.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe yeah some of the law students tend to get really pissed off at people just wandering aimlessly through the quiet study area in the law library, and god help you if you have a chat while you're there!

HSC
MiuMiu said:
Hehe yeah some of the law students tend to get really pissed off at people just wandering aimlessly through the quiet study area in the law library, and god help you if you have a chat while you're there!
I like the ones that check the work you're doing, then complain on the library website in the feedback section.

"I was in the law library yesterday and it took me fifteen minutes to get a seat. In this time, I observed many people who clearly were NOT law students, taking up seats! Some had biology textbooks, were using calculators, and one was even asleep (Law students don't sleep, you see)! Could something be done to ensure that this area is only used by Law students? Thanks.

-Dickface McGee"

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
ogmzergrush said:
I like the ones that check the work you're doing, then complain on the library website in the feedback section.

"I was in the law library yesterday and it took me fifteen minutes to get a seat. In this time, I observed many people who clearly were NOT law students, taking up seats! Some had biology textbooks, were using calculators, and one was even asleep (Law students don't sleep, you see)! Could something be done to ensure that this area is only used by Law students? Thanks.

-Dickface McGee"
Those ones are great!

One told me off because I did work in the law library and wasn't a law student. I replied with "thank God I'm not one of those annoying fuckheads" and went back to work. The law students around me laughed, she was heaps offended.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Hehe yeah it doesn't worry me cos I don't use it all that often (far too busy to study, you see :p ) but what does piss me off is when a group of like, maths students come in and sit around one of the big tables (still in the quiet study area) and talk as though they are outside.

Even still, I don't mind talking as long as it isn't about random stuff because I always end up listening and losing concentration.

Oh, and don't whisper. Whispering is the single most annoying thing to be faced with whilst trying to study. If you need to talk, say what you have to say and get on with it.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
dawso said:
fuck yeah, 100% in my first ever university course...ILIP100 :p
You call that a university course? What are you an arts student or something?

I remember that I got ILIP out of the way on the very last day of autumn session only because I wanted my results released on the normal day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)