• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Quanta Vs Astrophysics REVIEW PLZ (1 Viewer)

Validity

HSC
What's easier because i reckon i'm okay in both. i understand ideas to implementation but when i had a look at quanta to quarks, i was mindblown and WTFing
I had a look at astro and it seems like you have to memorise alot more than quanta?
recommendations/reviews anyone?

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
What's easier because i reckon i'm okay in both. i understand ideas to implementation but when i had a look at quanta to quarks, i was mindblown and WTFing
I had a look at astro and it seems like you have to memorise alot more than quanta?
recommendations/reviews anyone?
I loved astro =]

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Flick through textbooks and past papers to see which you think "you can comfortably study and answer"

unLimitieDx

HSC
do you get choices for you electives? :O
I dont know much about quanta or astro by i enjoy medical physics, as the parts of the theory is straight forward

Rathaen

HSC
Whether or not you get to choose your electives depends on your teachers.

Personally I preferred quanta to quarks but that might just be because I never really paid attention to anything other than what we were learning.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, Astrophysics is a terrible topic - it's almost pure rote learning. The questions tend to repeat themselves and concepts are barely evident.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
I did astro, and had friends that did quanta, they're both about the same in terms of having to rote learn, maybe a bit more in quanta IMO. Astro is a bit of a drag at the beginning but i think it's a lot easier to apply in the exam

barbernator

HSC
does anyone know how to find out what option scaled the best last year?

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
does anyone know how to find out what option scaled the best last year?
I don't think you should worry too much about scaling. Akin to chem, the marks are scaled based on the difficulty of the subject, so it'll be less likely to attain higher marks in them anyhow.

But OP, Quanta is essentially an extension of Ideas. So if you're alright with that topic, you'd do well in Quanta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)