• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Queen Camilla (1 Viewer)

K

katie_tully

I guess, Liz was only 25 when she ascended the throne.
I see Will as an Alexander the Great, only less destructive, less mentally insane and less homosexual.
It's just the aura he gives off from those glossy magazines.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
katie_tully said:
Yeah, she and her husband got divorced a while back. She's got grown kids too.
Well that's news to me. Ta love.
But I suppose they have more in common then...The only traditional solution i can find is if Camilla has her head severed. Surely this can be done with minimal medical complications.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i like william.....he's my hero

i mean bhsd kshdf sdj...YES IM AWESOME

i love you strong bad

ohne

HSC
No matter what her title is, Camilla won't play any constitutional role in relation to Australia. She will be just like Prince Phil or the late Queen Mother. If Charles dies then Wills becomes King. The actual monarch is the only figure of significance.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
so turns out she will be queen

what do u think?
Hey why cant she be princess, cause isnt the Queens husband a prince and not a King, whats with that.
If she is to become Queen, its enough for anyone to want a Republic Australia

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
agree totally....i kinda like the idea of a monarchy though..i jsut wish it was an australian one...with prince william as our king...and his heritage suddenly becoming australian. maybe im just a dreamer but i like the ....specialness of a monarchy...just not a foreign one like the brits
i wish if we were to be a monarchy we were more like denmark or spain...who have their own, respected and down-to-earth royals who actually have a say in the democratic running of the country.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
agree totally....i kinda like the idea of a monarchy though..i jsut wish it was an australian one...with prince william as our king...and his heritage suddenly becoming australian. maybe im just a dreamer but i like the ....specialness of a monarchy...just not a foreign one like the brits
i wish if we were to be a monarchy we were more like denmark or spain...who have their own, respected and down-to-earth royals who actually have a say in the democratic running of the country.
Yes we should go back to the glory days of royalty where they actually did shit, not just tour around and use taxpayers money to do jack all

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
When Liz goes, the Royals are in touble no matter what. Some have suggested that the republican movement has been on hold until this time - so as not to be 'rude'. She has been one of the better ones.
But I dont know. It's obviously selfish of Charles to do this, but it still gives him good tabloid value...Murdoch conspiracy? I think so.

persephone

HSC
If she's Queen the only problem I will have is if her face is going to be on our 5 dollar note. I don't think i'll be able to use a 5 dollar again.... the horror...

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
haha...

anywyas, i read somewhere aaages ago that some psychic said that charles would never become king, that william would take the throne. so if charles never becomes king, then camilla will never become queen. don't know if her prediction is acurate though. apparently, william is going to marry an aussie chick. or something about dating an aussie chick that diana liked

persephone

HSC
did the psychic mean that diana has already met this aussie chick? or did the psychic mean, diana liked her from beyond the grave?

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
can't remember. apparently diana's spirit visited the psychic almost every night, to the point that she kind of got annoying. i think she said that diana consulted her a few times before she died.

persephone

HSC
just looked at a 5 dollar note. the queen's not on it. so i suppose it's only the coins that are at threat.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
persephone said:
just looked at a 5 dollar note. the queen's not on it. so i suppose it's only the coins that are at threat.
What she is still on some $5 notes, and i dont think that Camila would be on the coins, it would be Charles, because u see the reason that the Queen is our head of govt and on the coins is because her father was king, not because she is the female head of the monarchy

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
waterfowl said:
That's because Queen Elizabeth II was heir to the throne.
Most Brits view Camilla as an adulterous woman who broke up the (fairytale) wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana.
well seeing as how Camilla was with him back before he even met Dianna thats pretty stupid of them isn't it?
Plus she's cathloic(sp?), and by law the king/queen of england has to be church of england as they're the head of the church. Whic is why she didnt marry him to start of with and save years of trouble.
But it's not like anyone but the Brits actually give a fuck is it?

malkin86

HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
i do..i dont want her on my money..or my stamps
Then I suggest you start campaigning for a republic. ;)

Jonathan A

HSC
My goodness. Our structure in Australia only recongises ONE monarch. Even if the monarch was some extremist left wing communist released from prison, I would still support a monarchy. Our constitutional structure is very solid and means we enjoy our luxuries without the fear of absolutism by the monarch. I should hope the English Civil War and the Bill of Rights were not a waste of time in England.

I say it all the time, but some republicans see little with the argument:

Our queen at present is Elizabeth Regina, this is who our constitution refers to, not Elizabeth Windsor. My point here is that we are not concerned with who the monarch is, only the office they hold. EVERYONE from a clerk in a government department right through to Her Majesty merely holds office.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)