• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Question for past HSCers (1 Viewer)

peony

Hi, in paper one, there are three sections: reading texts, writing and area of study. Which sections did you start first and which one did you do last and why, also does work or do u recommend it ?

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
i start with the essay, simply coz you know all your shit, its in your head, you dont forget quotes, all that, so its often more relaxing then trying to make up answers
then depending on what i felt like i would do either section one or two (well duh, there the only bits left ;)). it would depend if i needed a break from full on writing, if i did then id do the first bit, but if i was ok id do the creative writing then the first bit

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i started with the essay , then the reading task n finally i completed the writing task.

santaslayer

HSC
1.readibng task
2.essay
3.creative task...simply coz im not creative...lol

i was told to start with the thing u are most confident in at skool so it boosts ur esteem and confidence

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
i just went straight into it

part a, b then part c

it worked for me :)

yeah i found that sometimes, SOMETIMES you can use quotes and ideas from part a and b in your essay..

just allow 40 minutes for each section

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
i multitask them all, i'l do a few questions for my reading task while simultaneously thinking of a good creative story, then write the intro for my story, maybe go back and do some more reading questions then write the essay then come back and finish the rest off.

peony

Okay, Regarding paper 2, which modules do you guys start with first and which do you do last ? By the way, the exam format is always split into 2 papers right ? For paper one, they always have a section for unseen text,a section for writing, and a section for the area of study right ? And for paper 2, they have a section for each of the three modules. Can someone vallidate this plz:)

thank you.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by peony
Okay, Regarding paper 2, which modules do you guys start with first and which do you do last ?
It depends on you...may be start with the one u like the most. For me i went from 1st section to 3rd Section.

By the way, the exam format is always split into 2 papers right ? For paper one, they always have a section for unseen text,a section for writing, and a section for the area of study right ? And for paper 2, they have a section for each of the three modules.
Yes. English has two papers:
Paper 1 = Area of Study (journey for u people) :
Section 1 - Reading task (unseen text)
Section2 - Writing Task
Section 3 - The Area of Study (your essay or whatever writing piece they ask u to do)

Paper 2:
Yes it has 3 sections...all have a couple of questions. You have to attend the modules u did at school.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
Okay, Regarding paper 2, which modules do you guys start with first and which do you do last ? By the way, the exam format is always split into 2 papers right ? For paper one, they always have a section for unseen text,a section for writing, and a section for the area of study right ? And for paper 2, they have a section for each of the three modules. Can someone vallidate this plz:)

thank you.

for paper 2 i started with module 2 , then module 3 n finally mod 1
yes eng paper is split into 2 - * paper 1 n * paper 2

for paper 1:
section 1 : unseen text - reading section
section 2: writing
section 3 : AOS

for paper 2 :
module a
module b
module c

hope this helps....also u can look back at past hsc papers to have a better n clearer idea for urself :)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
*Tries to remember*

Area of Study
1. Essay
2. Unseen Texts
3. Creative Writing

Modules
1. Frontline
2. King Lear
3. Emma/Clueless

Toby

hmm..
Do the reading task first, cuz you usually read some of the texts in the reading time...
then rush through the essay in time for your 40 min creative writing

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
I started with the reading stuff cause i started to get some answers in my head during reading time and didnt want to forget them, doing the reading should be most time efficent because of the reading time,
Then the AoS essay so I dont forget all the quotes and leave the creative last cause most people bull shit more then remembering quotes when time is runing out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)