• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rage Against The Machine or Audioslave? (1 Viewer)

Rage Against The Machine or Audioslave?

• Audioslave

Votes: 13 22.0%
  • Rage Against The Machine

Votes: 46 78.0%

• Total voters

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Old thread, but who gives a toss?

I'm sick of people likening Audioslave to Rage. We don't have Rage any more; Zach de la Rocha left six years ago. Chris Cornell isn't Zach and nor is he trying to be (when Audioslave covered Sleep Now in the Fire, he couldn't keep up with the lyrics), so why are they likened to one another when they're starting to make their own sound? Rage was a politically-motivated band; Audioslave have stated that they aren't save for the song Wide Awake. The only thing that has really stayed the same is Tom Morello's incredibly guitar work.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
Too bad Audioslave suck
Too bad they're better than anything you could do. Never knock someone for something they do well. Especially when they're better at it than you.

daledugahole

HSC
I don't really have an opinion either way I've never really gotten into either but I do love Chris Cornell. I <3 Soundgarden. Spoonman was on VH1 today, great song.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Too bad they're better than anything you could do. Never knock someone for something they do well. Especially when they're better at it than you.
ObjectsInSpace said:
I don't know, Yasmins Getting Married was fairly pathetic ... but even Tench can't beat Nine for sheer pathetic-ness.
You tell me not to "knock someone for something they do well", yet you insult channel nine and they consistently win the ratings war. :confused: :confused:

And the point is, Audioslave DON'T do it well.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
bazookajoe said:
You tell me not to "knock someone for something they do well", yet you insult channel nine and they consistently win the ratings war. :confused: :confused:
Hello, A Current Affair? 60 Minutes? Forgive Me, I'm Sorry? Any of this ringing a bell? It's worse than simply being pathetic, worse by a whole order of magnitude. Besides I'm allowed to contradict myself. You aren't.

As for Audioslave being bad, I'm assuming you're a Rage fan. Most Rage fans are like you, still stuck in 1999 and The Battle for Los Angeles.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
As for Audioslave being bad, I'm assuming you're a Rage fan. Most Rage fans are like you, still stuck in 1999 and The Battle for Los Angeles.
Yeah, stuck in the past liking music that was good.
Hey RATM fans, you're all stupid because Rage are broken up now and Audioslave aren't! Rage are all old! 1999? NOT EVEN.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Hello, A Current Affair? 60 Minutes? Forgive Me, I'm Sorry? Any of this ringing a bell? It's worse than simply being pathetic, worse by a whole order of magnitude. Besides I'm allowed to contradict myself. You aren't.

I know channel nine sucks balls, I completely agree, I was just pointing out that you're contradicting yourself.
And I'm more stuck in 1992, because their debut album was fantastic.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
dieburndie said:
Yeah, stuck in the past liking music that was good.
Hey RATM fans, you're all stupid because Rage are broken up now and Audioslave aren't! Rage are all old! 1999? NOT EVEN.
No, I'm saying it's time to move on. The band probably won't be re-forming any time soon. You can like good music - personally, I never liked RATM except for Morello's work - but saying Audioslave suck compared to their predecessor when they're a completely different band is pointless.

Also, I notice no-one ever likes Audislave with Soundgarden ...

Espo15

Banned
HSC
N/A
yeah everybody, move on ok fuck the beatles, hendrix, the rolling stones, ray charles, john coltrane they are OLD MAN fuck them MOVE ON

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
RATM wins for simply having the gall to shut down wallstreet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfwetkZVQFc

sleep now in the fire is an awesome song 2

didnt they get charged with sedition aswell? inciting hate against the government is some pretty extreme rock. besides i just like their songs.

Last edited:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I read somewhere that some group put out a list of 165 songs that had "lyrical content that may not be suitable" following the events of September 11. The list consisted of 164 songs plus "All Rage Against the Machine songs".
Espo15 said:
yeah everybody, move on ok fuck the beatles, hendrix, the rolling stones, ray charles, john coltrane they are OLD MAN fuck them MOVE ON
Why must you twist everything I say? None of those groups re-formed into new groups with distinctly different sounds that then got slammed by old fans (with the possible exception of John Lennon, but he wasn't attacked for it).

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
".Why must you twist everything I say? None of those groups re-formed into new groups with distinctly different sounds that then got slammed by old fans (with the possible exception of John Lennon, but he wasn't attacked for it).
John Lennon is dead.
You're a necrophiliac?
That's disgusting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)