• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Really need a ATAR Estimate! (1 Viewer)

Rahmzz11620

HSC
I know this question gets asked a lot but please, i really need help. I was initially aiming for at least an 85 ATAR but with my current ranks im not so sure thats possible anymore. Anyway, i at least want to get an ATAR of 70 or even 65 to get into the course i want. Here are my subjects and my ranks:

Standard english: 28/59
Ancient History: 16/19
Engineering studies: 15/19
Studies of religion (1 unit): 48/89
Information digital technology: 13/23
General mathematics: 42/46

School rank: in the 200's

I really bombed out in my trials and that brought my ranks really low. As you can see im doing terrible in engineering, maths and ancient history. So please could someone give me a rough estimate on what ATAR i should get.

Thanks.

Flop21

HSC
You know, it's REALLY up to what you get in the HSC now. Because there is a big chance if you don't improve yourself in the HSC you will get an unexpected ATAR... so smash the externals and you'll easily get above 70.

theninjaman

HSC
Looking at those subjects, I don't see any possibility of an atar of 70, let alone reaching your goal.
Your standard English rank is mediocre, and if you do poorly it will affect you negatively. Ancient history and engineering studies don't look like they will be much of a contribution given that rank. Studies of religion is probably the most easiest subjects and easiest to band 6, but with that rank I don't see it happening. General mathematics and information digital technology are probably the one of the lower scaling subjects that will only negatively affect your atar if you do poorly. So basically, bottom line is that you chose a terrible choice of subjects for HSC, and these ranks clearly reflect it. Unless your cohort is incredibly strong and able to pull off some great marks for those ranks, your dream atar is far from possible.

Sorry, but that's the harsh reality of choosing low-scaling subjects and achieving such a low rank in it.

ATAR estimate: 50-low 60s if you're lucky

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)