• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

related text and text types (1 Viewer)

kevin321

HSC
Hey I was wondering if ur set text was a movie, should u avoid doing a movie for related? Cos I got a really good movie I want to do which I think I will do heaps well but scared of marks being taken off cos that's wat happened wen I was in yr 10

Yolando

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hey I was wondering if ur set text was a movie, should u avoid doing a movie for related? Cos I got a really good movie I want to do which I think I will do heaps well but scared of marks being taken off cos that's wat happened wen I was in yr 10

If your spelling isn't as bad as your post. You should be fine

madharris

HSC
N/A
It is good to do a film* (don't call it a movie). However you probably lost marks for using the same technique over and over again, 'dialogue'.
You should look up film techniques and apply them to your essay (dialogue is just one out of the many film techniques, just like assonance is one out of the many language techniques).

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Do different text types, as it shows a wider range of knowledge/understanding/etc about a variety of text types and techniques (LITERARY techniques in particular). It's not so much that marks are being taken off, it's more like they don't give you as many marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)