• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Remus mufflers (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Nah not even that..

I prefer sleepers over all.

Shimian

HSC
Didnt ur mum and dad tell you 'no rice, no power'? :)

I also do not like loud droning exhausts. Thats why im after remus or mugen type r. If you have listened to a remus exhaust, it sounds deep but not droning. Check out www.remus.at for some sound files and google the others. I also like the mugen type R exhaust. Im not going to just get a universal 5" muffler and slap it on the car. Thats why im searching the world for a specifically made exhaust for my car, then check it out before making my decision.

CieL

HSC
^ haha yes..

Didnt like the sound clips on that site tho.. only decent sounding one was the beemer.. they got all these nuggets there..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well like I said, people have fitted Remus exhaust to the FD2, and it sounds nice... but I don't think you can really rely on sound clips on a website. Never sounds like or really captures the 'real thing'.

As for sleeper... I wouldn't mind something like a C55 =]

sk1001

HSC
seremify007 said:
I wouldn't exactly call the Civic Sport a "slow car"... it's not crazy-fast like many of the other pocket-rockets and so on, but it's decent for a daily driver.

It beats our family's "daily driver" car back home- Proton Gen2!
Oh, I pity the fool.

Gen2, it really is a challenge to find anything shitter.

Shimian

HSC
seremify007 said:
Well like I said, people have fitted Remus exhaust to the FD2, and it sounds nice... but I don't think you can really rely on sound clips on a website. Never sounds like or really captures the 'real thing'.

As for sleeper... I wouldn't mind something like a C55 =]
3 of my mates has remus installed. calais, merc and nissan 200sx. All sound beautiful. Remus is probably the best sounding muffler out of all of them, possibly mugen being up there too. I guess its personal taste. Some people like 5" universal Greddy Evos or HKS. Those ones are nasty. At this stage, im waiting for replies from a few sources to see if the mugen type R exhaust will fit my FD2. If it does, ill probably go with that one

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
sk1001 said:
Oh, I pity the fool.

Gen2, it really is a challenge to find anything shitter.
Are you saying you pity me because we have a Gen2? My family do own other cars which are slightly... less practical for daily "let's go get something to eat" driving.

Whilst I do liken it to driving a lawn mower, at least nothing significantly bad happens apart from electrical faults and whatnot. The sound system is surprisingly decent (taking into account it is a Proton) and it has a few nifty features (e.g. sound system stays on even if you turn off the car so you can finish the song as you get out of the car). Steering reminds me of our Terios- it feels heavy and it shakes alot.

Shimian said:
3 of my mates has remus installed. calais, merc and nissan 200sx. All sound beautiful. Remus is probably the best sounding muffler out of all of them, possibly mugen being up there too. I guess its personal taste. Some people like 5" universal Greddy Evos or HKS. Those ones are nasty. At this stage, im waiting for replies from a few sources to see if the mugen type R exhaust will fit my FD2. If it does, ill probably go with that one
Oh ok- as long as you've heard it before, then you know what you're getting yourself into. I personally haven't heard the Remus in real life, but from what I've heard on the net using those sound clips (and I'm not sure how realistic they are on my sound system), they sound a bit meatier but not too excessive. We fitted some exhausts to a few of our cars (HKS and Hamann) but whilst nice sounding, they really do annoy you when you sit in traffic.

sk1001

HSC
seremify007 said:
Are you saying you pity me because we have a Gen2? My family do own other cars which are slightly... less practical for daily "let's go get something to eat" driving.
that's precisely what I'm saying.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
Is this in m'sia?

I'm actually really surprised you have that car, amongst the Fairlady, Skylines, 7-series, etc..

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CieL said:
Is this in m'sia?

I'm actually really surprised you have that car, amongst the Fairlady, Skylines, 7-series, etc..
LOL it looks a bit out of place in our carpark but it's a good little car for when we don't want to atract attention. Besides, even 'we' need a daily driver. Maybe I should take photos and add it to my online photoalbum lol... we have a few other normal cars too (e.g. Pajero Io, Proton Saga, Proton Waja, Toyota Picnic/Avenesis).

(ps. Would anyone rightfully buy a Proton if they lived in Australia?!)

And sk1001- don't worry, you don't need to pity me. I don't know what car(s) you may drive, but... meh.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)