• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

research task (1 Viewer)

HSC
this is for my assignment

1. match license agreement with
'public domain'
'freeware'
'shareware'
'evaluation'
'commercial'

ive already done it, but i am still unsure to how the quality of it is, see different software licenses with same type of license agreement varies
ie. 1 shareware program may allow 30 day trial, other is 40 days etc..

my question being any site that generalises what the basic terms and conditions are for each license types so i can fill up any gaps

question2. detail one national and one internation case involvijng one or more software design and development issue

question3. evaluate the views of open source supporters

question 4. a) explain what is meant by each of the 5 generations of programming langauges and outline their historical development giving a small example of peice of code from each type

b) what is a paradigm? briefly outline hte reasons for the development of different coding paradigms and give short examples of peices of code from each of the following paradigms
- logic paradigm
- object orientated programming
- functional

question 5. what are case tools? describe case tools that can assist programmers in each stage of the software development cycle

^^ its a bit of a tough assignment, only worth 10%, anyone had anything like it i can work off? i just put my assignment down incase someone has any tips of sites for help
also question 3 confuses me hte most, that question is expected to stretch 2 pages as teacher states

sunny

meh.
HSC
Casmira said:
my question being any site that generalises what the basic terms and conditions are for each license types so i can fill up any gaps

question 4. a) explain what is meant by each of the 5 generations of programming langauges and outline their historical development giving a small example of peice of code from each type

b) what is a paradigm? briefly outline hte reasons for the development of different coding paradigms and give short examples of peices of code from each of the following paradigms
- logic paradigm
- object orientated programming
- functional

question 5. what are case tools? describe case tools that can assist programmers in each stage of the software development cycle
Start with your textbook/s - these questions correlate directly to the syllabus and every textbook would cover those all in sufficient detail.

Casmira said:
question2. detail one national and one internation case involvijng one or more software design and development issue
I'm sorry but this is a research task after all.....

Casmira said:
question3. evaluate the views of open source supporters
Start off by understanding what open source is. The question is asking you to "evaluate", ie, give your point of view and the stance of open source software. As long as you can justify your point of view, there is no incorrect answer.

HSC
you have no idea how much that helps :uhhuh: :D that is 4/5 of the assignment i understand

but the common terms and conditions for software license types, no ideA?

HSC
case tools problem
ive been in and out of google trying too find indepth information on case tools and the way they work

"describe case tools that can assist programmers in each stage of the software development cycle"

ØDefine the problem

ØPlan the solution

ØBuild the solution

ØCheck the solution

ØModify the solution

Thats the software development cycle, now i know what a case tool is, i know what it does however no idea how to put it into the development cycle
google does not help suffeciently, i am not asking for people to answer it for me but point me in the right direction please ? this assignment counts towards my HSC 10% and its left me stumped
thank you

ps. books didnt help too much, i need to make this case question 2 pages

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Think helping to plan your software solution - helping to timeline it , etc.

Try searching for "case tool applications in software solutions" or something similar to that, to get examples of where and how they are used, and how you can apply them to a generic software development scenario.

HSC
i know i cant really find case tools, i have tried so much

i mean i got info on case tools, do doubt about that, but not enough for 2 pages

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
The best part of the HSC course was reading about all the different task modelling tools (structure charts, system flowcharts, etc) that we had to do for our Year 11 Prelim Major Project, but are not in the Year 11 book!

HSC
question2. detail one national and one internation case involving one or more software design and development issue

any suggestions?

sunny

meh.
HSC
Trumpet vs Ozemail. Should be in most texts.

HSC
too late i did kazaa for national and sega vs accolade for international

i never was given trumpet vs ozemail

wish me luck, i hand it in in about 7 hours :p

sunny

meh.
HSC
You were never "given" Trumpet vs Ozemail?

HSC
we did 2 cases in class, whelan vs jaslow & sega vs accolade, ive neverh eard of trumpet vs ozemail

sunny

meh.
HSC
Its a "research" task - ie, you're meant to research and find things yourself, not have them spoon fed.

HSC
hmm yes but i got at least a wider understanding incase this question haunts me again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)