• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Respect for terrorists. (1 Viewer)

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
**remembers back to bowling for columbine** well he did pay a dog to pretend it had just shot someone.. i spose getting humans to play greedy corporate leaders wouldn't be that hard.
yeah you're right it probably was staged, my mistake

Rorix

HSC
Nick said:
it's a shame he went AWOL or that argument might work
Oh, got a link to a military document which declares Bush as AWOL?

Might take you a while to find....(since the military never declared Bush AWOL, to my knowledge)

And please, not anything written by CBS...

how about giving most of the government contracts in iraq to halliburton who then contract them out for a fraction of the price
Actually, Haliburton won an auction for those contracts. Nice to see you've been listening to John Edwards.

Oh and, the Bush administration doesn't 'line their pockets' from this.

points to scene in fahrenheit 911 where all the big business execs are rubbing their hands together in glee about all the money iraq is going to make them
You seem to be of the opinion that it's better to leave Iraq in ruins.

I think I'm going to stop clicking 'view post', your posts are always filled with widely debunked myths.
OMG IRAQ WAS FOR OIL
CHENEY IS SECRETLY RUNNING HALIBURTON
OMG BUSH AWOL
OMG NO REPUBLICANS EVER SERVE IN THE MILITARY
OMG FAHRENHEIT 911 IS AN OBJECTIVE HONEST DOCUMENTARY

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Rorix said:
Oh, got a link to a military document which declares Bush as AWOL?

Might take you a while to find....(since the military never declared Bush AWOL, to my knowledge)

And please, not anything written by CBS...

Actually, Haliburton won an auction for those contracts. Nice to see you've been listening to John Edwards.

Oh and, the Bush administration doesn't 'line their pockets' from this.

You seem to be of the opinion that it's better to leave Iraq in ruins.

I think I'm going to stop clicking 'view post', your posts are always filled with widely debunked myths.
OMG IRAQ WAS FOR OIL
CHENEY IS SECRETLY RUNNING HALIBURTON
OMG BUSH AWOL
OMG NO REPUBLICANS EVER SERVE IN THE MILITARY
OMG FAHRENHEIT 911 IS AN OBJECTIVE HONEST DOCUMENTARY
sorry, you're right, history will smile upon the bush administration's actions and his presidency as a high point for democracy, freedom and peace worldwide, as well as for america domestically

please, four more years of this

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
If bush stays on.. the war gets better, he'll be seen as good.
If bush leaves, kerry wins the war he'll be seen as one of the worst presidents either.
If bush leaves, kerry can't win either then bush will still be seen as the one at fault.

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Points to scene where Micheal Moore Makes up a bunch of bs propaganda using 'fancy' camera tricks to trick dumb people like nick.
Points to Other Sceens "HEHEHEEH THERE ARE NONE!"

and it must be right because its not-so-brights opinion...he was on the set of the documentary so he should know *rolls eyes*

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Not-That-Bright said:
If bush stays on.. the war gets better, he'll be seen as good.
If bush leaves, kerry wins the war he'll be seen as one of the worst presidents either.
If bush leaves, kerry can't win either then bush will still be seen as the one at fault.
Yeah.
I recalled an opinion on Sky News. I can't recall the US correspondant's name (big guy, kinda balk, big rimmed glasses), but he said that Howard will not have the same relationship with Kerry, as he had with Bush, if Kerry is elected.
Howard has to kiss the butt of another president it will seem.

Also, it was brought to my attention that "Kerry wants its allies to play a more active role in Iraq", i.e. get more Australian soldiers killed for no good reason.

So far, it looks like Bush is going to win.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
and it must be right because its not-so-brights opinion...he was on the set of the documentary so he should know *rolls eyes*
do u not think that micheal moore is also profiting from the war? no war, no stupid bs propaganda movies, no money to stupid bs propaganda movie makers?

HSC
his profiting from informing people and filling them in on the bullshit that occurs behind the superficial barrier that bush has set up to blind american public

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
do u not think that micheal moore is also profiting from the war? no war, no stupid bs propaganda movies, no money to stupid bs propaganda movie makers?
he's not profiting as much as the american media owners but you don't question their objectivity

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
The media is profiting from the war? how?
what the fuck?

the media makes money from advertising, which comes when they have high ratings. since the public is so pro-war, they can't appear in the slightest bit "unamerican." they have to show images of americans fighting, rockets flying into buildings and stuff, but never of dead iraqis or dead americans because this would turn away viewers. how many more people will watch the news now that there is a war on? it's a goldmine.

just look at how they "embedded" reporters. these reporters arent actually reporting anything, they are basically sports commentators of war saying shit like "oh theres a tank right there, and gunshots.."

edit: and regarding fahrenheit 911. if moore actually lied about them don't you think the government would have said something? he presents facts and then draws his own conclusions from them. you don't have to accept his conclusions to accept the facts. when he shows images of dead iraqis and fighting in iraq you might say it is anti-war propaganda but it's pretty fucking important that people realise that this is what is actually going on, not like a video game with the blood and gore turned off.

and of course it is propaganda. but so is the press, you can't escape it

Last edited:

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yes... they make money from advertising, and perhaps more people are watching the news now (i don't really know) but i don't think a single person in the news media has made as much of a gain as micheal moore has off this war...

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
i don't think a single person in the news media has made as much of a gain as micheal moore has off this war...
you have absolutely no basis for that assumption

and anyway i really doubt he is in it for the money

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
oh i'm sure he has political intentions,
and after becomming a multi-millionaire u don't really care much about money too much I imagine.
But i'm just pointing out, he's made as much as companies have off this war... does that mean there are bad intentions? no. Maybe if i had cued some sinister music you'd think he was evil too...

edit:
and regarding fahrenheit 911. if moore actually lied about them don't you think the government would have said something? he presents facts and then draws his own conclusions from them. you don't have to accept his conclusions to accept the facts. when he shows images of dead iraqis and fighting in iraq you might say it is anti-war propaganda but it's pretty fucking important that people realise that this is what is actually going on, not like a video game with the blood and gore turned off.
The government has talked about these issues, said they are wrong...

http://www.newsfly.org/news/moore_f911_fixed.htm - watch some right wing propaganda too.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
But i'm just pointing out, he's made as much as companies have off this war... does that mean there are bad intentions? no. .
sure he has

maybe if i put a newsbar underneath my post and gave an update every fifteen minutes you'd believe me

HSC
Nick said:
you have absolutely no basis for that assumption

and anyway i really doubt he is in it for the money
no basis....just bias

ive watched in in a critical way, i own the VCD ive watched it alot of times from showing my friends it etc....

there are some points made in the documentary that are questionable, but for the most of it, the crucial points and the main issues, moore seems to be telling the truth and exposing bush for the scum he is, of course moore has an agenda, if you held hatred for someone that much you would dig up as much as you can to expose them....dig up means its there, dig up don't mean its made up

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
The media has its advantages and disadvantages.

Coverage means any massacring of civilians, mistreatment of prisoners, etc is made public, to the enlightenment of the public and to the scrutiny of the military.

Terrorists can switch on their TVs and leach information from the media coverage on US operations, resources, *maybe* tactics, and intentions.

Media makes money.

The media are dishonest, manipulative bastards. Just look at how they bent the "children overboard" incident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)