• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

RIAA takes $2000 from 12-year-old girl.. pathetic.. (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by hurrotisrobbo
Umm... You mean you haven't realised this is exactly what the RIAA wants?

They can't stop everyone by lawsuits, but if they sue the sharers, other people stop sharing and go back to straight leeching.

How do you leech when there's noone to leech off?

(Rahul: Umm... So, you take, but you don't give? Like the morals, there.)

True, the kazza network is kind of stuffed already now i mean half the downloaded items aren't even what they are lol.. i dont use kazza anymore only occasionally for one or two songs but thats it. But besides Australia has yet to have any laws that govern for such practices yet, well not that i've heard of.

Agent Z

HSC
Ahhh...but in a surprising twist sharman networks, the creators of Kazaa, are now counter-suing RIAA for using an unauthorised version of their Kazaa software (Kazaa lite) on their networks and unlawfully spying on people..

And yes, i know this was almost a month ago, but no-one mentioned it, so i thought I would.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
i like the part of the story (about a year ago) when RIAA tried to sue some of america's biggest isp for failing to block a certain chinese mp3 download site... boy did they get kaboomed hard...

the moral of the story is, boys and girls, the lawyers always win. :)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Frigid

the moral of the story is, boys and girls, the lawyers always win. :)
damn lawyers, imagine a world without lawyers....

ARIA hasn't started cracking down on kazaa yet so it is ok for us

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
ARIA's all wimpy though, and half of the people in their tech department are our age anyway. Like they care, since there aren't any Australian "artists" worth downloading. :p

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
There's no need to be scared of Kazza, first of all yes 50% of the users probably work for RIAA, and are watching you but providing you're not sharing files just leeching you're fine, and the fact is most of the music hosted are probably infected by the RIAA intentionally with viruses, and im sure you have downloaded a few mp3's where in the middile it starts playing funny sounds yes thats a new protection built into the music files.
so if you're just downloading files onto your computer and not uploading them, then you're still safe?

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by **freakstar87**
so if you're just downloading files onto your computer and not uploading them, then you're still safe?
Correct, they don't have time to target a few thousand small users who download, really sharing is the main breach they are looking for, so if u share like 1000 songs ur in for target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)