• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SBS Pop Asia (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I saw it. I flicked to see what it was and I saw that girl group I saw on TV when we played pool that day.

And I was like: "Hmm, you would like this". BUT YOU ALREADY MADE A POST ABOUT IT =(

HSC
Uni Grad
I saw it. I flicked to see what it was and I saw that girl group I saw on TV when we played pool that day.

And I was like: "Hmm, you would like this". BUT YOU ALREADY MADE A POST ABOUT IT =(
LOLOLOL you mean SNSD or Kara?

Seriously this program is actually pretty awesome. Finally get to see some Asian hits in Australia for the first time. :)

hugh2112

HSC
Although it's a good show, they only play the popular songs so it's usually repeating the same ones such as SNSD, KARA, 2NE1, Super Junior, MBLAQ, etc. They need to show some of the debuting groups (there's been like 30+ new groups this year alone). Most of them will usually disappear because they don't grow a big enough fanbase in Korea. Here's an article from AllKpop on the 27 girl groups who debuted this year and how 2 stood out: http://www.allkpop.com/2011/09/out-of-27-girl-groups-who-made-debuts-in-2011-2-shine-the-brightest. None of them have been on PopAsia though.
And there's usually a few groups that have been around for a while but don't get a mention... now that I think about it, Jewelry is the longest running group having debuted in 2001 (and they're still active i believe since their new sub-unit "Jewelry S" released a song today) and they haven't made an appearance yet.
So yeah, you'll only keep seeing the same groups on there. While that's not bad, it does get boring after a while. It's a good way to get into asian music.

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
they still haven't played through all the popular songs, but yeah, they shouldn't repeat so much and they should definitely play so newer groups.

they've hardly played t-ara...(have they even) or fx?

hugh2112

HSC
they still haven't played through all the popular songs, but yeah, they shouldn't repeat so much and they should definitely play so newer groups.

they've hardly played t-ara...(have they even) or fx?
i think i've seen one T-ara MV on there (can't remember precisely though) and i've never seen f(x)'s MVs on there either. but then, i don't usually get up at 8:30am on Sunday mornings... so i end up missing half the show. but considering how much they repeat, i think it's a good guess that neither of the two have had much, if any, screen time.

HSC
Uni Grad
Lately they've begun to play a lot of the newer groups, they've played a lot of japanese hits, there has been some mandopop but no cantopop at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)