• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SC - does it really matter? (1 Viewer)

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
Aplus said:
It isn't possible to fail school certificate.
Its possible not to recieve a school certificate though by getting N awards

emytaylor164

HSC
N/A
it doesnt matter all that much employers do not care about the marks on it just that you actually have it and it doesnt matter once you have your HSC anyway.

L

lsam

SC is fucking pointless. You can easily get Band 6 with common sense.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
LOL, Sefton is a fucked up school with all it's limits. Only 72 are allowed to do Phys/Chem, and I guess now there's a limit on Advanced English. What a joke. =\

As for SC - it doesn't count, enjoy Year 10, because you won't enjoy Year 11 as much as it.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
Hannah DC said:
Well, I hope it's as easy as you all say, cause I haven't done it yet...
its REALLY REALLY REALLY easy :)

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
chadmeleon said:
Im kinda confused because basically everyone at my school dont care abotu the SC and aren't studying...but then i come on here and everyon seems to be

Im just reading over everything the night before each...but not for English and COmputing (im not doing anything)

Anyhow so my question is, if im not dropping out, does it really matter at all? I heard they were thinkign of phasing it out althogether...any truth to that rumour?
I didn't study at all and i still managed to get pretty decent marks.
english 91
history 87
math 80
geography 83
science 86
computers 96

Last edited:

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
Aerath said:
LOL, Sefton is a fucked up school with all it's limits. Only 72 are allowed to do Phys/Chem, and I guess now there's a limit on Advanced English. What a joke. =\

As for SC - it doesn't count, enjoy Year 10, because you won't enjoy Year 11 as much as it.
yeh, true, enjoy year 10. its easy

Last edited:

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
nerdsforever said:
AARRRGGHH!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? EVERYONE IS STUDYING FOR IT!!!!!!!! I DIDNT EVEN KNOW! shit. gotta revise. no doubt i would fail english and i wont be allowed to do advanced english:burn:
geez. i seriously dont know why you need to stress about it. Have you looked online at the papers? you have more than likely been doing more complicated things at school. It has already been said in this thread that you cant fail the SC.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
i think sc is a greater indicator of knowledge in a particular subject compared to the hsc.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
but SC is really really easy tho :S
and it would make it much harder to differentiate (ahh too much maths) the really good ppl frm the average ppl

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
dwarven said:
but SC is really really easy tho :S
some say that the hsc is really really easy too. its really a matter of opinion.

and it would make it much harder to differentiate (ahh too much maths) the really good ppl frm the average ppl
touche. i think maths should be the exception.

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
melanieeeee. said:
some say that the hsc is really really easy too. its really a matter of opinion.
well im not one of them =(

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Aerath said:

yes. there is a limit. only 50 people can do extension 1 math, and about 50 for advanced english

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
nerdsforever said:
yes. there is a limit. only 50 people can do extension 1 math, and about 50 for advanced english
wow. thats gay
umm change schools
they cant make you not do a subject you want to do..

just not right

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
School certificate doesn't matter :). The workload changes a lot when you're in Year 11. If you have a really good habit of studying consistently, keep it up, Year 11 will be piece of cake with consistent study. Don't cram and don't procrastinate (I repeat, do not make those two a habit). I should listen to my advice lol.

Last edited:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
nerdsforever said:
Of course - you could apply at Sydney Girls - the superior school. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)