• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School assessment task mark relating to uai mark (1 Viewer)

honsaw

HSC
N/A
For school assignments and assessment task does 35% of the mark for all your school subjects go towards you uai mark? How does your school assessment task mark get calculated and put into your uai?? say for example, my school assessment task weighs 25% and i get 20/30. How many marks will get put into my uai? because i don't really understand how the system works..

Thanks!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
It is simple really:

half your HSC mark comes from the school mark but... because schools set different tasks and have different standards the marks are moderated using the school's exam marks to set the range of marks and the total marks.

You then get three marks - an moderated school mark, an aligned exam mark and the average of these two marks which is the HSC mark.

UAC use the raw exam mark and the corresponding assessment mark to guage the UAI.

In basic terms if a school task is worth 20% of the school's assessment programme for the course then it is worth 10% of the final HSC mark.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
You mean 50% of assessment mark go towards the UAI?
Does it mean that if you get 80 UAI in hsc exam then they will add your assessment task mark to your final UAI mark?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
honsaw said:
You mean 50% of assessment mark go towards the UAI?
Does it mean that if you get 80 UAI in hsc exam then they will add your assessment task mark to your final UAI mark?
The UAI is a rank not a mark.

The BOS has the following steps:

1. Schools assess students and submit a mark to the BOS out of 100.
2. Students sit the externally set HSC exam.
3. BOS align the HSC marks to the Performance Descriptor Bands.
4. BOS moderates the school assessment marks to the aligned HSC marks for the school.
5. BOS averages the moderated assessment mark and the aligned exam marks to get the final HSC marks.
5. All these marks are forwarded to UAC who then calculate the ranks for all eligible students in the state - the UAI.

So it isn't 50% of the assessment mark that is used in the UAI calculation but 100% of the assessment mark but it contributes 50% of the marks that are used by UAC to calculate the UAI.

noob!

HSC
honsaw said:
For school assignments and assessment task does 35% of the mark for all your school subjects go towards you uai mark? How does your school assessment task mark get calculated and put into your uai?? say for example, my school assessment task weighs 25% and i get 20/30. How many marks will get put into my uai? because i don't really understand how the system works..

Thanks!
wow now really isn't the time to be figuring that out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)