• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School Captain/ Vice Captain/ Prefects (2 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ew and I thought my school was sport obsessed.

I absolutely loathe private schools' obsession with sport.

We haven't had an assembly since I can remember cos of swine flu. And in chapel we have to sit a metre apart rofl rofl which is the most stupid thing ever cos at lunch we all crowd into the one room and share food and kiss n shit.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Ew and I thought my school was sport obsessed.

I absolutely loathe private schools' obsession with sport.

We haven't had an assembly since I can remember cos of swine flu. And in chapel we have to sit a metre apart rofl rofl which is the most stupid thing ever cos at lunch we all crowd into the one room and share food and kiss n shit.
We aren't private mate, we're James Ruse. Our obssession is academic.

anulik

HSC
Quotes for school captain speech!

Hi ALL,I have got a speech in term 4, and it would be helpful to have any quotes. So if you used leadership quotes, or if you know good ones, please share. Thanks ;)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Re: Quotes for school captain speech!

Well, this is completely dependant on if you do Extension subjects, but here we go:

"I take Extension subjects. This means I take up the CHALLENGE and rise to the occasion of what I must do. I am not one to stay in General or Standard and just do enough to "get by". NO, a School Captain must be someone that the students look up to - how can you look up to smoeone who says "Oh, I got 46% in my maths exam!" or "Nah, I'm dropping this subject anyway sir, so I won't do this assignment." The thing is, you can't.

The passion and drive that I put into my education is the SAME passion and drive I WILL show if I am elected. I do not settle for second best, I come to you today because I feel that I am the BEST for this position, I will not do enough to 'get by', I will actively get in there and ensure that my tenure as School Captain will be so good - that I will be the measuring stick for all to come.

Don't vote for someone who just does enough to 'get by'. I rise to the challenge, I challenge myself, I have the drive and the passion to excel - and I will excel as School Captain.

Also feel free to use:

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!

suling

HSC
My school (public) just voted, teachers had final say..no interviews, speeches, nothing.

I just hope I can cope with the extra responsibilities on top of everything else

Tangent

HSC
Well, this is completely dependant on if you do Extension subjects, but here we go:

"I take Extension subjects. This means I take up the CHALLENGE and rise to the occasion of what I must do. I am not one to stay in General or Standard and just do enough to "get by". NO, a School Captain must be someone that the students look up to - how can you look up to smoeone who says "Oh, I got 46% in my maths exam!" or "Nah, I'm dropping this subject anyway sir, so I won't do this assignment." The thing is, you can't.

The passion and drive that I put into my education is the SAME passion and drive I WILL show if I am elected. I do not settle for second best, I come to you today because I feel that I am the BEST for this position, I will not do enough to 'get by', I will actively get in there and ensure that my tenure as School Captain will be so good - that I will be the measuring stick for all to come.

Don't vote for someone who just does enough to 'get by'. I rise to the challenge, I challenge myself, I have the drive and the passion to excel - and I will excel as School Captain.

Also feel free to use:

If it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing!
sounds like youre bagging out everyone that doesnt do extention. let them judge on who you are, not you tell them who you are. you have been at that school for a while, basically u just need to show them your leet speeching skills

My school (public) just voted, teachers had final say..no interviews, speeches, nothing.

I just hope I can cope with the extra responsibilities on top of everything else
hey, its cool. just remember there are people out there are your friends for you to vent, other members you can delegate to, and people who you can ask questions and ask for their assistance.
Put a little more work into your time management, and get things sorted.

Don't make it stressful, this should be fun. Remember to make a difference-how can you do that if you are unhappy yourself?

hope i helped, and not just made things seem worse XD
wish you the best

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Tangent - not really. Just trying to get votes away from those who do General subjects - which, in my experience, do not make good School Captains as they usually just stand there and look cool, without doing anything.

Tangent

HSC
Tangent - not really. Just trying to get votes away from those who do General subjects - which, in my experience, do not make good School Captains as they usually just stand there and look cool, without doing anything.
what????
ok.....good luck with that

In my experience, being a good school captain is independant of their subjects.

This is high school, dont stoop down to the level of aust. politics. Speak the truth, instead of making other people not look as good as you

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
what????
Ok.....good luck with that

in my experience, being a good school captain is independant of their subjects.

This is high school, dont stoop down to the level of aust. Politics. Speak the truth, instead of making other people not look as good as you
+1

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Now that I think of it, if a person wishes their reign to be academically based - probably use that, although tweak it abit.

q3thefish

HSC
what????
ok.....good luck with that

In my experience, being a good school captain is independant of their subjects.

This is high school, dont stoop down to the level of aust. politics. Speak the truth, instead of making other people not look as good as you
I like. I like.

groovygirl

HSC
at my school we had SRC in charge , there is no prefects or captians, 12 SRC representatives voted b y us .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)