• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School Captains & Prefects (1 Viewer)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
You have to do speeches for house captain that's fucking lame lol

Our house captains are chosen at the swimming carnival out of the year 12's that attend and are never given badges or any form of recognition for anything ever because they don't do anything ever

How are School Captains chosen at your school then

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Our school doesn't do speeches to my knowledge or they didn't do them this year.

HSC
You have to do speeches for house captain that's fucking lame lol

Our house captains are chosen at the swimming carnival out of the year 12's that attend and are never given badges or any form of recognition for anything ever because they don't do anything ever

How are School Captains chosen at your school then
School executive board choose school captain from the house captains. You have give elected by your house before you proceed to applying school for captain. So like two speeches in total.

HSC
N/A
I find out today if I got le job or not.

Tbh, I don't really mind anymore since I noticed that those in the leadership team at my school are *never* the high achievers. I'm thinking captaincy drains them of time or something, which inadvertently affects their grades.

Nevertheless, I kinda do want it.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Tbh, I don't really mind anymore since I noticed that those in the leadership team at my school are *never* the high achievers. I'm thinking captaincy drains them of time or something, which inadvertently affects their grades.

Good work captain.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

No it just means that the high achievers are mindless grade zombies that don't possess any social/leadership skills (on the most part)

There are plenty of captains that are high achievers, but they might not necessarily be the highest achievers.

Also your school is dumb

annagurl

HSC
N/A
No it just means that the high achievers are mindless grade zombies that don't possess any social/leadership skills (on the most part)

There are plenty of captains that are high achievers, but they might not necessarily be the highest achievers.

Also your school is dumb
Yeah, my school is pretty stoopidddddddd I suppose
They didn't tell us today :(
Half the girls were at a physics excursion so I think they'll either tell us Monday or after our yearlies. So anxious :haha:

findx

HSC
prefects elections are just like a coverup for who the teachers and principals want as their leaders. the principal could hand-pick each candidate without anyone knowing..

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
prefects elections are just like a coverup for who the teachers and principals want as their leaders. the principal could hand-pick each candidate without anyone knowing..
I reckon this is absolutely true!
Our school is totally based on popularity and it was sort of decided already who would get school captain before we even elected.
Now, for me to get it was a big stretch because honestly, I am not that popular, but I did end up getting it, which was weird.

So, I do think if the teachers and principal have a vote, their vote is more higher than students.

HSC
N/A
I reckon this is absolutely true!
Our school is totally based on popularity and it was sort of decided already who would get school captain before we even elected.
Now, for me to get it was a big stretch because honestly, I am not that popular, but I did end up getting it, which was weird.

So, I do think if the teachers and principal have a vote, their vote is more higher than students.
Congrats on captaincy! Is this school captaincy?

I think house captains is based on popularity/reputation amongst the student and teacher body at my school, but when electing a captain, the school executive board decides. So yeah... the school picks its "face"

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
Congrats on captaincy! Is this school captaincy?

I think house captains is based on popularity/reputation amongst the student and teacher body at my school, but when electing a captain, the school executive board decides. So yeah... the school picks its "face"
Thanks man! Yep, got school captain :)

Mmm, actually, it's true, most of the Sport leaders were actually people who are quite popular, now that I think about it!
There is so much prejudice when leadership is brought up in my school :/ Who has the best academia, best participation in co-curricular, sports, blah blah blah -____-

HSC
N/A
Thanks man! Yep, got school captain :)

Mmm, actually, it's true, most of the Sport leaders were actually people who are quite popular, now that I think about it!
There is so much prejudice when leadership is brought up in my school :/ Who has the best academia, best participation in co-curricular, sports, blah blah blah -____-
If I end up getting house captain, I ruin this cycle :p
All the past house captains have been athletic and participated in a lot of extra curricular activities and/or popular and/or with a good reputation.

I, on the other hand, have done nothing for my school+ barely any extra curricular activities+ am a couch sloth :p
Must. Break. Cycle. haha ^_^

Did you have to do a speech for captaincy?

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
If I end up getting house captain, I ruin this cycle :p
All the past house captains have been athletic and participated in a lot of extra curricular activities and/or popular and/or with a good reputation.

I, on the other hand, have done nothing for my school+ barely any extra curricular activities+ am a couch sloth :p
Must. Break. Cycle. haha ^_^

Did you have to do a speech for captaincy?
Don't be disheartened! You will be surprised on who gets it!
A girl, who came to our school last year, not popular, did NO sports or curricular activities, and ended up getting House leader!
So trust me, don't make assumptions and have a positive outlook :)

And yes, I had to do a speech, but it was like on a topic on how we would express school values in our leadership positions -___-
So so so so mundane because we weren't allowed to have any jokes or funny comments ... so stupid.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I wanted to be a Captain and expel people from the school because I am evil.

HSC
N/A
Don't be disheartened! You will be surprised on who gets it!
A girl, who came to our school last year, not popular, did NO sports or curricular activities, and ended up getting House leader!
So trust me, don't make assumptions and have a positive outlook :)

And yes, I had to do a speech, but it was like on a topic on how we would express school values in our leadership positions -___-
So so so so mundane because we weren't allowed to have any jokes or funny comments ... so stupid.
really? wow.
My entire speech was... what I thought humorous :p
I should have made jokes that targeted the majority of the house though *cough they-were-too-slow-to-get-the-jokes cough*
Did not understand sarcasm. Was so surprised. I'm a very sarcastic person, so I guess it was wrong of me to assume people would understand that considering they didn't know me very well ^_^
I wanted to be a Captain and expel people from the school because I am evil.
Are you going for captaincy this year, Spi?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)