• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

School isnt give me subjects (1 Viewer)

MobyDick123

HSC
N/A
My school wont allow me to do biology for year 11 because the classes are full. What can i do about it?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
MobyDick123 said:
My school wont allow me to do biology for year 11 because the classes are full. What can i do about it?

Well, um...can't you try to persuade your school's study coordinator?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Will Shakespear said:
is they give you english?
lol

Another suggestion to OP: Have you thought of distance education? It might be a little bit tedious but if you are really into doing bio...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
A lot of people usually drop subjects during the first few weeks of year 11. You might get in then.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Harass the person organising subjects, the principal...lol...
And if not, ask around at the board of studies for info?

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
ask someone (preferably ur friend) that does bio nicely if they dont mind dropping out for you, that would be the nice and easy way, or u can go to ur principal if nothing else works and just talk about it...

jet

Banned
HSC
I would recommend, as others have, to just wait until a spot opens up.
In the meantime, find a friend who does do bio and keep up to date on all the work they are doing. The work in the first few weeks is pretty much common sense. Then, when you get in the class, you're all ready.

h3ll h0und

HSC
this mite be a bit extreme...but how bout changing schools? but if u really want to do bio u shud consider distance education

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Mmm, biology isn't often down as assumed knowledge on many courses at university (if that's what your aiming at in the long run)... So it mighten really be worth changing schools for one subject.

Take something similar or something else that might interest, that's my advice.

-tal-

HSC
Tell you what, force your way in.

I mean it. Talk to everyone involved in the process. Deputy principals, the future yr 11 coordinator, get approval from the head of science, chuck it to the deputy, and talk to everyone remotely connected. 1 extra kid in the class won't kill the teacher (especially if you're capable dux material, like me. Just kidding. But this is how I forced my way into Ancient History). Oh, and get approval from the teacher taking the class too.

Harass these teachers every second day, for about two weeks (before school is usually best). Make sure you're firm and polite talking to these teachers and be sure to get any paperwork ready for them asap whenever needed.

AND especially, do this in the first 2 weeks of school, that way you won't miss much.

BE CONVINCING

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Repitition always works... That's how I got to eventually start my accelerated maths! LOL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)