• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

school ranking? (2 Viewers)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
bos ranks school in terms of there external hsc marks, the purpose of this is to clarify rankings that the school has given bos......example a 500th rank school there number 1 student is probably ranked to the 10th best student in a 300th ranked school. l obviously do not know the full details but i presume it goes something like that .
their*

Last edited:

Kralex

HSC
Don't worry about school ranking. (you still probably will, I did)

Try your best and you'll be rewarded, nobody will drag you down.

In fact despite going to a school ranked 170 which is pretty poor in BoS eyes :p I believe I was dragged up.

bos ranks school in terms of there external hsc marks, the purpose of this is to clarify rankings that the school has given bos......example a 500th rank school there number 1 student is probably ranked to the 10th best student in a 300th ranked school. l obviously do not know the full details but i presume it goes something like that .
This isn't always true.

And BTW, don't aim for Insearch. Insearch is not something to aim for, it is a backup. You're better off going to ACU or UWS than Insearch if you receive 67 ATAR.

Judging by your subjects anyway you are not a 67 ATAR student :p

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
continuing from what ipodnano said, what happens if the same thing happend, but you came SECOND? E.G. 95, and second was say, 92 or 93 then it drops to 70ish ? mayeb you can answer this shadowdude?
how much roughly would it pull you down ?
As long as you perform well, your cohort is not going to screw you up massively if you continue to maintain top ranks.

Jonneeh

HSC
Imagine it as a rubber band.
The closer you are to either end the less you will be effected by the stretch "Scaling" If there is a small distance between 2nd and 1st then scaling wont affect you as much. Somewhere on the "Boardofstudies" site it says internal assessment marks is to do with relative differences in scores and not standard deviation.

I dunno if that helps

smartalec

HSC
Imagine it as a rubber band.
The closer you are to either end the less you will be effected by the stretch "Scaling" If there is a small distance between 2nd and 1st then scaling wont affect you as much. Somewhere on the "Boardofstudies" site it says internal assessment marks is to do with relative differences in scores and not standard deviation.

I dunno if that helps
thats a pretty good analogy (Y)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)