• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SDD Half yearly results (1 Viewer)

HSC
Discuss your results here :p

I havent had mine back yet, but th person who got 2nd last year in yr11, and 1st in the term 4 assessment, got 45/75, so I cant imagine mine, or anyone elses being too flash hot

i think we all got owned, it appears alot of subjects they marked very strict or was a hard exam ... did anyone find this happen/happend to them? do they suddenly make it all of a sudden hard so HSC seems easy? because my mate (who got 2nd in year 11, as per previous person im talking about)- he hit high 80s while i hit low 80s in the prelim course ... but it seems suddenly everyone gets like almost half their mark, is this normal or what?

Spadge

HSC
N/A
Prelim: 61%, 1st place (average: 41%)
Looks like they didn't want that happening again, the mid-course was much easier
Mid-Course: 86%, 1st place (average: 55%)

My class has 5 people in it, so the average is pretty screwed, the marks were, 86,76,51,27,26.

HSC
everyone destroyed the yearly ... i hit 80s without study so my guess is they wanted too make it difficult, plus alot of people went good in the term 4 assessment, maybe they're tryign to make it very hard so people get scared and study more for the HSC? most people didnt even pass mine!

treelovinhippie

<this space for rent>
HSC
I got 99.5/126 (79%) >> though I was robbed 3 marks for getting the correct answer, but apparently not using the 'teacher's method', but instead I used the exact same shift/add method used in both the sam davis and excel textbooks! WTF? Have I gone insane, is the whole SDD course just a piece of shit or is my teacher just a complete fuck? ....sorry about the language, but very pissed off right now. I can't learn shit from the teacher cos he doesn't teach us, so I have to learn from the text book..... but then apparently get marked wrong for learning from the text book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw, that mark (99.5) was about 14 marks ahead of the person who came 2nd (indicates how 'great' our teacher is!)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
in my 1st assessment i got 30/32, n 4 my 1/2 yearlies i got 84/100, 1st in da class 4 both bby :D

HSC
my assumption is some schools making it hella hard, i compared my sdd half yearly to the hsc, and you can tell there are questions that have been taken and expanded on from hsc to my half yearly, the head teacher also said so, she said if you can answer these questions well then you reallyonly have to polish up your structuring on answers, but my biggest weakness in SDD is algorithms

Beowurk

HSC
93% (stoked!), although I had to fight for some marks because the teacher just Didn't Get how arrays that began at 0 affected the boundary in a WHILE loop (in spite of the fact he'd been teaching them). After several frustrating walk-throughs, I just opened up an interpreter window and ran it.

In many cases, yes - lost marks in obvious cases are probably because someone (you or the teacher) made a mistake. If it's them and they refuse to see reason then yes, it's because they're complete fucks. :uhhuh:

No, really. Trust us on this.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
95% in Algorithms
87% in Half-Yearly

rithvikt

*Abeh-OI-*
HSC
my prelim exam was a killer... no one passed in the year...i got like 33% and came second....*that was last year....and that certainly wont happen again*

my YR12 halfyearlies went much better...i got like 75% and came 3rd... the highest was 83%..so was happy bout that....

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Yeah, I got 58% last year. :p Still came first.

L_RES88

HSC
N/A
I got 63%. Everyone seemed to be in the 45-55 bracket I think with the exception of one great and a few crappy marks. We have 12 people in our class.

Dark Kenobi

stella8h8chang said:
91% in our first assessment, my other friend got 92%. Teacher is worried about how close we're going to be.
Sounds like skyting to me. Makes me realise how stuffed my whole class is if I cam first with around 87%.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)