• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Seeking 3rd/4th yr psych students for PSY222 guidance... (1 Viewer)

schmogirl

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
don't give up schmogirl, you don't want to do it again, imagine the relief when you finish it in one semester!!! if you do happen to fail (which you won't, as i have said before), it will be a whole lot easier the second time around, rather than the first time around, attempt number 2.

oreo wafer sticks?? i can't keep up with trying new products!
so lovely - feels like a great big supportive hug from afar - thank you! and yes most definitely that is what is motivating me - the thought of getting through it and NOT failing and NOT repeating (bit like avoiding punishment)...that said, if it's not gonna happen then yep round 2 might see me get some decent mark rather than a fail or just passing....

yeah me who tells everyone else in the house "don't watch the ads they brainwash you" succumbed and bought a pack after repeated exposure to their ads....they're not bad. i prefer the good old oreo cookies (choc creme)....mind you this obsessive munching due to stress is not good! :uhoh:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
30 something is not old! lol

you won't fail! seriously ANY question you havve.. whilst reading the notes.. just ask one of us here, im sure one of us will know it :p and u already know how fast we reply (because we have no life lol)

schmogirl

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
30 something is not old! lol

you won't fail! seriously ANY question you havve.. whilst reading the notes.. just ask one of us here, im sure one of us will know it :p and u already know how fast we reply (because we have no life lol)
oh gee thanks clairegirl....yeah i'm not old but i do sometimes feel a bit weird at uni....i mean i know i am like 10-15 years older (arrggghhhhh) than some of you guys but thankfully i've been told (really!) that i don't look it (coz i'm eurasian and tiny - 5'3" about 160cm).... it's hard to know who to choose to sit with in a tute sometimes - do i sit with the asian students coz i'm eurasian, or the 'aussies' coz i'm actually an aussie born and riased, or do i sit with the 'mature mums' coz that's what i really am....or do i sit with anyone coz in the end we're all on a level playing field at uni...we're all students! in the end i'm so shy i end up sitting by myself....

thanks for the offer of help, i am still confused by q4 in the psy222 assignment. i mean i did a few contrasts for q3 but then q4 is stumping me. i can't get all the SS from my contrasts (all or a combo of some) to add up to SStreat and i don't realy know what to do to make an orthogonal set that accounts for all the variation etc....anyway don't worry if you're not bothered replying i'll manage and really i am sooooo over it for today so will try again with fresh eyes tomorrow....

btw sorry everyone for all my disjointed replies and posts - sometimes days in between, i hope it doesn't seem rude or disinterested it's just the way it goes with me and computer usage...

and you DO have a life, BOS seems like a great supportive fun challenging surprising (and other stuff) little community and worthwhile being part of. i guess sometimes i have too MUCH life - kids, work, uni, blah blah blah....

good luck with all your stuff clairegirl and thanks for the chat :):)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
schmogirl said:
btw sorry everyone for all my disjointed replies and posts - sometimes days in between, i hope it doesn't seem rude or disinterested it's just the way it goes with me and computer usage...
that's the best part about forums. you log on and reply or jump in with what you can, when you can. if you've been away, you can still catch up on what has been going on.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i had the same trouble.. i wanted to find a set of contrasts with three contast thingies in it.. but i could only find two that would be orthogonal to each other...

and urrm.. not hundred per cent sure.. but if contrasts are orthogonal to each other, doesn't that automatically account for all the variation?

schmogirl

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
that's the best part about forums. you log on and reply or jump in with what you can, when you can. if you've been away, you can still catch up on what has been going on.
very true and good to know....was bit worried and still learning to navigate...my partner chats on a similar site but its just for radio control nerds (sorry - 'enthusiasts')....he gets a bit addicted but he likes to read more than he likes to post....he's like me i guess (bit shy and can't be bothered if we've nothing to say)

that's it for me - sleep time now.....enjoy your night of study/bos'ing :)

schmogirl

HSC
N/A
clairegirl said:
i had the same trouble.. i wanted to find a set of contrasts with three contast thingies in it.. but i could only find two that would be orthogonal to each other...

and urrm.. not hundred per cent sure.. but if contrasts are orthogonal to each other, doesn't that automatically account for all the variation?
i'm glad we're doing much the same thing it means i'm not completely useless at this subject...yay!

umm....i thought orthogonality just meant independence....?

anyway i have given up it's getting too late for my brain to function...off to bed for me....good luck with yours, if i work it out i'll definitely let you (and all) know..:lol:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
hehe too late.. i've alreayd done it and i handed it in few days ago :p

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
iambored said:
haha, is this the same maq forum im thinking of? Where you never know the direction a thread about one topic will go 1/2 in hour later.

deianna

hey hey guys .... this is the first time i posted so howdy ..

omg i hate psy 222. any chance of venting over that unit i feel i must take up !.

that last assignment drove me craze mainli question 4.
and as for the optional exam on fridai im so freeked out . i hate that all the numeracy centre revision times are on the weekend that is so ridiculous i hve no chance of making any of them. so bummmed :(

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
deianna87 said:
hey hey guys .... this is the first time i posted so howdy ..

omg i hate psy 222. any chance of venting over that unit i feel i must take up !.

that last assignment drove me craze mainli question 4.
and as for the optional exam on fridai im so freeked out . i hate that all the numeracy centre revision times are on the weekend that is so ridiculous i hve no chance of making any of them. so bummmed :(
welcome to our humble community deianna :) ...i think i did question 4 wrong oh well

psy222 is crap i must say.. i love one way but hate two way which im just learning now ...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
schmogirl said:
very true and good to know....was bit worried and still learning to navigate...my partner chats on a similar site but its just for radio control nerds (sorry - 'enthusiasts')....he gets a bit addicted but he likes to read more than he likes to post....he's like me i guess (bit shy and can't be bothered if we've nothing to say)

that's it for me - sleep time now.....enjoy your night of study/bos'ing :)
oh gosh im dickhead lol i just figured out get a set of exhaustive orthogonal set of contrasts lol

just thought ide share ... lol

if there's 4 means. You can get max 3 contrasts for your exhastive set

so you go

1 2 3 4

contrast1: 1,2 vs 3,4 ...coeffs -1 -1 1 1

contrast2: 1vs2 ... coeffs 1 -1 0 0

contrast2: 3vs4...coeffs 0 0 1 -1

and the sums of squares for all of these contrasts add up to total sums of squares EDIT: for treat :D

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
clairegirl said:
oh gosh im dickhead lol i just figured out get a set of exhaustive orthogonal set of contrasts lol

just thought ide share ... lol

if there's 4 means. You can get max 3 contrasts for your exhastive set

so you go

1 2 3 4

contrast1: 1,2 vs 3,4 ...coeffs -1 -1 1 1

contrast2: 1vs2 ... coeffs 1 -1 0 0

contrast2: 3vs4...coeffs 0 0 1 -1

and the sums of squares for all of these contrasts add up to total sums of squares :D
hey did any of you guys goto the workshop today?

nan's soo out of it lol

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
*awaits annes guidance
message me on msn silly (im online 24/7).. i'll send it through there if u wants it

ide send through email but the file takes ages to upload because i have shitty dial up atm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)