• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

selective test from ACER for 2009 year 11 (1 Viewer)

Y

yeartenno

im planning on changing schools to a selective school next year and i found out that ACER is conducting a test for students like me, the test is called HAST (Higher Ability Selection Test)

Does anyone know anything about whats going to be in the exam ?
what i should study? or try to learn?
Anyone whose done this test or knows someone who did..know any information about the test because its in 4 weeks from now!!
ty

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
What are the categories being assessed in this exam?? Is it humanities, maths/science and 2 pieces of writing?

I always find ACER tests hard, especially the English test-Not only is it long, but the texts are like year 11 or 12 standard.

TearsOfFire

HSC
N/A
ACER have a range of different tests-They use different ones for scholarship and for selective school application, I'm pretty sure.

dinubee

HSC
Ive done an ACER test and the english is super hard!.You have have to be good in ur vocabulary.Cause the words are very sophisticated.

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
yeartenno said:
im planning on changing schools to a selective school next year and i found out that ACER is conducting a test for students like me, the test is called HAST (Higher Ability Selection Test)

Does anyone know anything about whats going to be in the exam ?
what i should study? or try to learn?
Anyone whose done this test or knows someone who did..know any information about the test because its in 4 weeks from now!!
ty
what do you mean by students like you?

dinubee

HSC
is this for north sydney?.Anyway,i was wondering if they look at your test results and reports equally.Or do they look at your test results more?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
dinubee said:
is this for north sydney?.Anyway,i was wondering if they look at your test results and reports equally.Or do they look at your test results more?
I would imagine that they would be very interested in both but probably focus on your marks so they can make a fair comparison between other applicants and their present students!

Y

yeartenno

students like me meaning,students who want to try out for selective schools and have to write the acer test ..

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
yeartenno said:
students like me meaning,students who want to try out for selective schools and have to write the acer test ..
ohhh. I get you :) Try out for a school without the ACER test. :)
And go tutoring as well if you really want to try for that school.

Personally, I think that all selective schools should do this ACER test. I hate it when arrogant fools boast that they got in selective when all they do is suck up to the teacher to get good grades.

G

gmail92

personally i think this ACER test is bs

my current school makes people sit the test and makes them pay 50 bucks for marking and supervision and stuff

im guesssing you're applying for hornsby girls? or maybe girraween high? :p

Y

yeartenno

yep.

now that i've done the test
i feel theres no point even waiting for the results :bomb:

XShiv

HSC
Does anyone know how long it would take for the selective schools using ACER HAST to post results out?

=]

LOLA!!!!

HSC
N/A
when i did the test at NSG,the deputy said that it would take three weeks to get the results bak from ACER and another week for the school to look at your application .im guessing,So maybe 5 weeks after u sat the test.

XShiv

HSC
LOLA!!!! said:
when i did the test at NSG,the deputy said that it would take three weeks to get the results bak from ACER and another week for the school to look at your application .im guessing,So maybe 5 weeks after u sat the test.
:jaw:

Y

yeartenno

XShiv said:
Does anyone know how long it would take for the selective schools using ACER HAST to post results out?

=]
they take 10 working days to mark, apparently

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)