• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

should i choose legal studies???? (1 Viewer)

samah109

HSC
Hi guys, im trying to choose my hsc subjects and i included legal, but it was a spontaneous descision and i was just curious about how people doing the subject find it, is it interesting, or does it just drag on like prelim bio?
is it a subject that could be enjoyed or is it just memorise memorise memorise:confused2:

thanx

enoilgam

HSC
Hi guys, im trying to choose my hsc subjects and i included legal, but it was a spontaneous descision and i was just curious about how people doing the subject find it, is it interesting, or does it just drag on like prelim bio?
is it a subject that could be enjoyed or is it just memorise memorise memorise:confused2:

thanx
It really depends on the person, but I didnt mind legal studies. Year 11 is a bit boring but year 12 can get quite interesting. With the new syllabus, I find that legal has become more easy to rote learn - to be honest, its only a matter of time before memorised responses become widespread in the subject.

Last edited:

wavess

HSC
Yeah ^ year 11 content is not as interesting as the year 12 syllabus. Trust me its so much interesting now! that's why i find it easier to understand. Besides the 'interesting' part, you also need to remember that you must be able to write longg essays (3 essays in ur hsc exam) because that's where all the marks are (75 marks I think).

Hila

HSC
I've just finished year 11 and so far it's been A LOT of memorizing, I'm not going to lie. But it's fairly simple stuff. Lots of good resources are out there, etc. Plus, EVERYTHING is in the book. But if you don't know your stuff and keep up, you're screwed. I didn't find it a fast paced course so I reckon you'll be fine. Also interesting class debates. I hear it gets much better in year 12, like some people are saying above me, once all the basics are out of the way...

Last edited:

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
Legal has the potential to be interesting in yr12 (the content is, as you said, much more engaging than Yr11, especially if your school does interesting options) but I've found that it does tend to drag on a little. Studying for exams is rather rote-learn-y and you essentially end up regurgitating the textbook in essay form with some contemporary LCMID. That said, if you enjoy the content and have a great class environment, it shouldn't be too bad!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)