• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

should i leave my paralegal job? (1 Viewer)

= Jennifer =

HSC
I have been working for a very small firm for 7 months and the boss hired his ex and when he is not in the office she takes control and she picks on me about everything I do and never says anything to the other paralegals.

I was trained by the boss and I trained the new paralegals we have now. All her work she casts off to me or the other solicitor.

The other solicitor had over 30 clients and now she has the other chic's clients and we end up doing all her work while she goes out and about when the boss is there and when he is not she comes in and gives us bad attitude. The other solicitor is moving firms and now the freak targets me when the boss goes, so should I leave now or should I stay until clerkship applications become open?

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
There's no point in working at all unless you're happy.

If you do leave though, you probably want to preserve the reference - which is a shame, because otherwise I'd suggest just telling the boss what's going on. Alas.

I hope you're able to find another job easily, or get a clerkship. It must truly suck to be in that position.

breed obsession
A wine-soaked strobe-lit Asiatic hall of mirrors
HSC
hfis said:
There's no point in working at all unless you're happy.
Some of us need to eat! If you can line up another job I'd get the hell out of there though. Sounds like the boss is unlikely to get rid of her.
Alternatively you could display some tact and get her on side? I'm yet to meet a dickhead who was smart enough to see through basic social engineering.

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
Would it be possible for you to score a paralegal position in a major law firm now that you have legitimate professional experience at this small firm?

= Jennifer =

HSC
47.46.45 said:
Alternatively you could display some tact and get her on side?
I have tried so hard to, and as a result she now comes to me and makes me get her lattes and lunch.

If I had nothing to do I would ask her does she want me to do anything for her trying to be nice and which then worked against me. I worked 12 hours one day (and only got paid for my normal 9-5) because of her lack of organisation skills and all these client matters which had to be lodged were not done or were incomplete and I had to work overtime unpaid to fix it all up.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
quit. and if necessary in a future interview, explain, in a positive manner, why you quit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)