• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should we criminalize all dangerous behaviour consistently (2 Viewers)

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
lol, bad example. Horse riding is so dangerous because regardless of whether you take all the precautions or not horses still freak the fuck out over nothing. You are pretty much guaranteed to have an accident at some stage.
Ok then horse riding may be a bad example. I was presuming someone was to be riding the horse by themselves in an isolated area. Even if horse riding is a bad example, the same comparison can be made using a different example.

Motorcycle riding is completely safe unless you be an idiot, one could argue that it's likely the person would try to do something idiotic. But in the drug example it is also possible somebody would mix drugs or overdose.

The very nature of illegal drugs also means you dont know what you've got, how much active ingredients and the effect they may have on you. If someone were to buy and take ecstasy its possible they could have bought something containing a substance which isn't pure MDMA, which could be dangerous on its own. If the person is unfamiliar with the new substance they could very easily overdose or accidently mix drugs.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
There is no motive or point to drugs besides getting high/stoned/drunk etc. Majority of sports have a competitive factor to them aswell as offering a thrill or enjoyment for people who play them.

LOL

and is everyone choosing to ignore the fact that legalising drugs would make them safer?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
sylvesterBr said:
-Negative health effects from drugs are accidental and not a part of the actual activity.
dissociatives cause Olney's lesions. This is a direct result of the use of such drugs.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
brent said:
Motorcycle riding is completely safe unless you be an idiot, one could argue that it's likely the person would try to do something idiotic. But in the drug example it is also possible somebody would mix drugs or overdose.
What the fuck are you on about? Motorcycle riding is inherently dangerous and even moreso because of the other dipsticks on the road like yourself. Even with the unknown nature of the pill I was taking, I'd feel a whole helluva lot safer taking MDMA than riding my motorbike any day of the week.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
brent:

1) Ones enjoyment in taking a drug is no less nor no more wholesome than the enjoyment from any other activity. There is nothing inherently evil in drug abuse.
2) Legalisation of MDMA would absolutely decimate all the points you made against MDMA legalisation
3) Stop being a shitcunt

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
The graph doesnt seem right? I don't know what they are ranking them on.

GHB is rated so low, yet many deaths have been linked to it.
It's fairly safe unless combined with alcohol. Most deaths are as a result of combining with alcohol.

Additionally I cant see why alcohol is more dangerous then ketamine and amphetamines?
Alcohol is the leading cause of liver disease, causes greater than 4% of all cancer cases, is addictive, causes a range of mental health problems, causes pancreatitis, epilepsy, alcoholic dementia. nutritional deficiencies, sexual dysfunction and death.

Alcohol is incredibly fucked up as drugs go, it's only so permissive because of our culture and history, it is absolutely more harmful and dangerous than amphetamines or ketamine. Tens of thousands of children take amphetamines daily without major problems.

Dextroamphetamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What do you actually know about ketamine and amphetamines?

The very nature of illegal drugs also means you dont know what you've got, how much active ingredients and the effect they may have on you. If someone were to buy and take ecstasy its possible they could have bought something containing a substance which isn't pure MDMA, which could be dangerous on its own. If the person is unfamiliar with the new substance they could very easily overdose or accidently mix drugs.
Which is precisely why they should be legalized and regulated, so people can always get safe pills from a certified manufacturer, and know exactly what the dosage and chemicals they're taking are.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
John McCain stop being a stupid dolt by comparing therapeutic, controlled release amphetamine with the manner in which it is used recreationally.

WHEN I CANT STOP MY FIDDLIN'
I JUST TAKES ME RITALIN
IM POPPING AND SAILING MAN
toot toot

jennyfromdabloc

coked up sociopath
HSC
John McCain stop being a stupid dolt by comparing therapeutic, controlled release amphetamine with the manner in which it is used recreationally.
Most amphetamines prescribed to people with ADD/ADHD are not in controlled release form.

They are exactly the same as street speed only purer.

You also seem to assume all recreational drug users are irresponsible maniacs. You have no evidence for this beyond media hype.

From my experience, most people who use amphetamines illegally are very concerned about safety and try to use the lowest effective does possible.

Amphetamines are nothing like alcohol which gets you off your head and in a state where you are likely to do stupid things like drink more alcohol. You remain very clear headed and in control on pure amphetamines.

There is nothing fundamentally different about the drug if it used recreationally compared to if you do exactly the same thing, but you have a scribbled piece of paper from a doctor. The only dangers unique to recreational use are directly caused by this ludicrous policy of prohibition.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)