• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Significance of GPA (1 Viewer)

zbzb51

HSC
Ok so GPA sets the benchmark for graduate recruiting, especially in larger/dominant companies. But how much of a difference would it make later on? Would employers focus less on grades but more on experience in the field of work etc. Is there still hope for those who didn't do so well in uni? I would one day love to work in a high rank job for a large company but am afraid that my disastrious first year grades have ruined any chance of that ever happening. Also, If i can manage to pull my grades up and bring my GPA up to a 4-5 with D's and HD's in 2nd and 3rd year, would my fail grades in first year still deter me from securing a graduate position with a larger company? Thanks guys. Sorry for asking so many questions, it's been really driving me nuts in the lat couple of weeks, i just want to get it off my mind.

jm23

HSC
N/A
3 years ago i did bach. of education for one semester and failed all my subjects as i could no longer attend. i have recently come back to the exact same uni and campus to study law. will my history at uni 3 years ago effect my GPA now and in the future?

thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)