• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Smoking in the senior girls toilets... (2 Viewers)

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
just get those smoke alarms which they have in ur class rooms. not the $5 eveready ones from kmart....

babydoll~*

HSC
Aimee05 said:
Hi. I am part of my school's SRC, and we are trying to do something to prevent people smoking in the toilets. What do your schools do to prevent this problem?
Teachers.

teachers constantly walking in and out of the toilets prevent people from lighting up in the bathrooms.

still waiting

HSC
babydoll~* said:
Teachers.

teachers constantly walking in and out of the toilets prevent people from lighting up in the bathrooms.
i think that would become so frustrating for the teachers and theyd eventually give up on it.....
it sounds like the best way would be for the smoke alarms thing and u should get those fire alarm doors that lock when the alarm goes off that would be funny the girls would be locked in and udve caught them red handed...lol

mossup

can you do the mossup?
cloud eight & nine tenths. Yes its frustrating
HSC
At my school the punishment for smoking is pretty harsh. Even if you aren't smoking in there but the person beside you is, you still get punished to a lesser degree for being in there. Its to make other students tell the smokers to quit....

The female teachers are "supposed" to go into the chicks toilets and check it out, but they sorta get sick of doing it.

Smokers suck, they make things so difficult!

Aimz- Lou.

Pretty annoying! Our school's bullying policy is that if you are bullied you should:
a) Walk away.
b) tell the bully that you "don't like this bullying and I want it to stop..."
c) Ask "Don't you have anything better to do?"
d) file a bully report, and then make things 10 000 times worse for yourself.

:) It's a very hard one to fix. Thankfully, the welfare committee are responsible at our school.

carpediem

HSC
At my school if ur getting the crap bashed out of u ur not to fight back or u will get suspended u have to just take the beatings until the teachers arrive.

Aimz- Lou.

By the way, thanks heaps to everyone who posted in response to my original question. I took our findings so far to the welfare executive meeting today, and they are going to investigate it some more and get back to us. :)

buttonisgay

Aimee05 said:
By the way, thanks heaps to everyone who posted in response to my original question. I took our findings so far to the welfare executive meeting today, and they are going to investigate it some more and get back to us. :)
No offense, i understand as part of the SRC its your job to do all that boring stuff but who cares if they smoke? its thier health, as long as its not affecting other ppl then it doesnt matter really...

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
oh the good old days
smoking in the toilets at school
makes me sick just thinking about it
yuk
but brings back fun memories

nwatts

HSC
buttonisgay said:
No offense, i understand as part of the SRC its your job to do all that boring stuff but who cares if they smoke? its thier health, as long as its not affecting other ppl then it doesnt matter really...
Smoking is harmful to the health of more than simply those who smoke.

And if not smoking is a school rule, it needs to be upheld - otherwise you'd have anarchy on your hands.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
I think smoking is a bit gross. And things dont only need to be done at school, but councils need to try and be a bit stricter with smoking in public, and other public buildings (like Woollies) need to have staff that can implement the smoking rules.. For example, last night when I was going into the carpark of my bowling centre, I opened the door into the alcove/shelter thing and I copped a mouth full of second hand smoke from these 3 women who were smoking in there...the buliding itself is non smoking and I class the alcove as being in the buliding. We have 'No Smoking' signs around and even have an area out the back designated to just smokers, where they can go, suck on their cancer sticks and die a slow horrible death!
Anyways, just needed to have a rant coz I choked on what I unintentionally inhaled...but what if it was a chronic asthmatic that had walked out instead of me?

X

xeuyrawp

Aimee05 said:
Hi. I am part of my school's SRC, and we are trying to do something to prevent people smoking in the toilets. What do your schools do to prevent this problem?
The government figured this out a while ago in relation to sex and drugs. It's not right to prevent the act of smoking all together, but rather have an avenue for students to smoke elsewhere.

I would honestly find some way to move the collective smoking body (people prefer to smoke together) somewhere elsewhere inside or outside your campus.

Aimz- Lou.

^^ we proposed this, but apparantly it is illegal, as the smokers are juniors, and therefore underage. We don't care so much if they smoke... we just don't want to be affected by it.

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
OMG sorry guys...theres one technique my school used a few years ago, it worked for a week...they played classical music in the toilets. Full on opera shit...it was so baaaaad and sooooooo loud like you could hear it before you were in a 10m radius of the toilets...

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
rofl classical music..
How does that work in suppressing the urge of smokers to smoke?

LiL_JeN_JeN

WTF is Goonie Goo Goo
HSC
Well coz they only people within the school that actually like that music would be those that are tone deaf. I know for a fact that when I went in those toilets with that music Id be quick as possible...although it stopped the smoking in the toilets, I think it promoted wagging...giving students that smoke more reason to leave the school grounds for a ciggie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)