• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So how is everyone going at Macq? (1 Viewer)

Tabris

HSC
Its a couple of weeks into the semester, just wandering how are u Macquarians coping with your units? Its about to get into hyperdrive from this point on....

ECON200, the graphs only gets more complicated and formulas harder, and comprehending the lectures gets harder too,

ECON235, nice course, interesting topics, good lecturer

LAW114, very worried! readings are getting more difficult not to mention the competition and assignment, this takes more time than the other two combined, hopefully i can bear it without too many trouble..

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
ICOM101- i can’t stand it!! not with the course itself but im frustrated with the tutor/lecturer (same person :()

CUL101- im loving it, great fun and interesting

ISYS123- piss easy :D however, I’d wish I take up business to accompany the subject, in tute especially

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
rofl @ ICOM, and told you, you should've done ISYS123 last year :p

MAS 203 - Havent turned up to lectures, doesn't seem to be impacting on my participation in tutorials
MAS 208 - everything bar tutorials is fine, tute is overcrowded and yeah
MUS 305 - dropped due to circumstances
MUS 202 - Loving it

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
LAW314 (Const) - Kill me now.

LAW316 (Property) - Awesome! Love my tutor and its just so interesting.

PSY306 (psychopathology) - one word: Perfect :D

2 outta 3 ain't bad ;)

HSC
BBA103 (bus economics)- lots of graphs, its getting into formula's, don't like it one bit, lecturer is too fast.. worried about this one

SOC175 ( Aus. and global societies)- its ok, bit boring, lecturer is interesting

DEM127 (demography) - doing assignment now, 4 more to go plus 2 exams worth 10% each .. hate the workload but find it very interesting

BUS201 (Intro to International business) - Best one out of the four, one lecture, no tutorials... best lecturer, really funny

buddys

HSC
pol165 (politics): i like....good tutor and interesting

legl100 (common law trad): boring, to much history and the lecturer/tutor is the one that makes it boring....and i was looking foward to this one :(

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
buddys said:
legl100 (common law trad): boring, to much history and the lecturer/tutor is the one that makes it boring....and i was looking foward to this one :(
You can *never* look forward to legal history :(

... Unless you're some history freak like Rob ;)

buddys

HSC
MaryJane said:
You can *never* look forward to legal history :(

... Unless you're some history freak like Rob ;)

i know but i was expecting a little bit of history and a lot more on common law/courts..but obviously not :(

HSC
N/A
ARTS210 - Arts Practicum: Pretty interesting. The only dud things are 10am monday lectures sometimes (for a monday, this is boring), rushing to excusions (eg Darlinghurst Theatre) for a 10am start, and rushing back from excursions to uni for engl218. Love the corvenor (Guy Morrow) though, and we are going to AUSDANCE next week! yay!!!

ENGL218 - Creative Writing: Quite like this unit so far. Doesn't require me to read up on stuff I have no interest in, so yay :) Love the fact it's got me writing again, and really like the tutor.

SOC289 - Sociology of Media: I have my so-so days and my "hey, that was actually interesting" days. Keep on skipping lectures so I can catch up on sleep in car though :( Am finding myself talking a lot in tutes, am finding this scary. Oh, and the tutor knows my name now. AAAHHH!

BBA250 - Human Resource Management: Boring. Only doing this one because it's compulsary.

X

xeuyrawp

buddys said:
i know but i was expecting a little bit of history and a lot more on common law/courts..but obviously not :(
By the looks of the readings, we get into much more modern stuff during/after week 5.

I couldn't make it to today's lecture - do I need to download it before Friday? Did they talk about the assignment?

Tabris said:
LAW114, very worried! readings are getting more difficult not to mention the competition and assignment, this takes more time than the other two combined, hopefully i can bear it without too many trouble..
Which competition did you sign up for? I really wanted to do witness examination, but I couldn't attend the seminar, so I'm acting as someone's witness. :D

H?

buddy
HSC
ECON110 - Boring, tedious and lengthy. I'll need a second wind before I can catch up with my readings.

STAT170 - Okay, starting to get a little trickier.

ACCG201 - Boring. Lecturer is okay.

Don't know enough people + hour breaks = sigh.

buddys

HSC
PwarYuex said:
I couldn't make it to today's lecture - do I need to download it before Friday? Did they talk about the assignment?

i couldnt make todays lecture either. id prob try listen to the ilecture just incase something important came up :)

Tabris

HSC
I know its difficult, but bear with it, whose your lecturer? the best ones are Sean Turnell and Trev Whitehead.

Out of all the first year units, this has to be the most content intensive, but u should be fine.

A good measure of your udnerstanding is to go over the prescribed readings and flick to the back and answer the MC questions, once thats done, do the online quizzes, if u do great then its a good measure of your understanding.

CieL

HSC
BBA103 - Had a substitute this week, he wasn't even available for the week's second 1hr lecture.. plus he was slow and at the end he said something along the lines of sorry for this being so intense.. when in reality we've covered elasticity already

STAT170 - Got assignment but no textbook =.=

PSY104 - Hormones lecture today was really interesting.. the lecture about Sleep really did make me sleep

ACST101 - One chapter behind already.. sucks.. annuities is weird

HSC
I KNOW THAT SUBSTITUTE FOR BBA103 WAS SOOOOOO CRAPPPPPPP... i'm so so so behind BBA103 .. how you fairing with it.. and i missed my first tutorial for it .. argh... would you have your answers for the first tutorial so i can check them with mine.. i never knew tut's started this week arghhhh!! cant belive i missed my frist one

^___^
HSC
comp 225 -> hitting the hard stuff now..i can see a big fat F
comp 229 -> so far so good..Java is gay
comp 249 -> i like it..

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Ling248 - class discussions are great and the topics are really interesting. i've also had the same tutor for three previous ling units i've done, lol.
Cul100 - seems pretty straightforward so far. very similar to soc180 though :eek:
Engl120 - The readings and assignments are pretty hardcore atm!!!

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
H? said:
ECON110 - Boring, tedious and lengthy. I'll need a second wind before I can catch up with my readings.

STAT170 - Okay, starting to get a little trickier.

ACCG201 - Boring. Lecturer is okay.

Don't know enough people + hour breaks = sigh.

come visit me! i feel the same - heaps of breaks - hardly anyone to spend them with!
we can glare at each others ipod headphones (or not :p)

ARTS100 - Lots of fun, even though I have a non-alternate dress sense
CUL100 - a bit boring, but tutes are great!
MAS104 - Lectures are always good, kill me when it omes tutes I swear!
MUS100 - FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)