• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So... what have we all been doing these holidays? (1 Viewer)

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
For now, I have only been to their 1) Information Evening and 2) Group Assessment. The Information evening was pretty basic. They did a little presentation, but I had the chance to speak to graduates/managers/partners when it finished. It was great. Speaking to graduates, you can really ask them the "stupid" questions. :p
The Group Assessment was a tad more nerve-racking. I was on a table of 6 applicants and an assessor. We had to discuss a case amongst ourselves. That went really well....I made some really sexy points. Then had a short interview with the assessor before going home. (They called me about 3 hours after I left the place! :))
Damn! :D you must've been good! for them to call you 3 hours after! :D

So whoa you prepared for the final interview ?? when is it?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Skittled said:
Keep an eye out on careerhub, as there seem to be a few tutoring opportunities and study-guide-writing jobs and things up there to give you at least a little experience. I've got a friend doing educ at Syd who I keep an eye out for; next time I send him something I'll pm you too, if you like?
Hehe yeah, I do, unfortunately most of the jobs appear to be north of convenience for me, but thanks for the offer :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
clairegirl said:
I'm sworn to secrecy unfortunately :(...

Next time I talk to her I'll bug her about it until she lets me tell you lol

I think she might be shy or just feels weird about it.. which is funny coz i met her through BOS lol
Wait... so I know *of* her too? Are you sure its me she's with?

How bizarre. I'll just wait for someone to be stalkeringly staring at me and jump up and shout: "You know Anne!!"

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
MaryJane said:
Wait... so I know *of* her too? Are you sure its me she's with?

How bizarre. I'll just wait for someone to be stalkeringly staring at me and jump up and shout: "You know Anne!!"

LOL awww please do that! that would be hilarious...but shout out her BOS name Lmao!

*nods* uh huh uh huh :D

she knows what you look like n stuff (coz of ur profile pics and that wedding photo that skittled had up before)

LOL @ "stalkeringly staring"... anyone who fits that description has automatically got to be a BOS member.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Hahaha, thats how gigglefairy and I figured out who each other were, only two shifty bastards trying to figure out who another person was in the lecture hall haha!

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
My interview is at 10am. Which means I have to get up early AGAIN! I haven't had a day to sleep in for ages....:(

It is going to be a behavioural interview, so I'm trying to pull a few strings to get myself prepared ;)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
10am tomorrow?? best of luck, is it the last interview?

congrats skittled

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
redruM said:
It is going to be a behavioural interview, so I'm trying to pull a few strings to get myself prepared ;)
...ohh.. Good luck!

(Oh, and could you let us HR-students know what sorta stuff they do please? Ta!)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Skittled said:
...ohh.. Good luck!

(Oh, and could you let us HR-students know what sorta stuff they do please? Ta!)
Thanks guys.

Ask me anything you want about the interview/process.

IAB, yeah it is the last interview.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
clairegirl said:
Oooh shopping! I'm jealous I havn't been shoppingn for clothes in oh so long :( I'm trying to stay away from shopping centres in general to try and save.

So since my capacity to shop has been horribly cut off... What did you end up buying? :D

Note: I do plan on buying a jacket and some more long sleeved tops for winter though, what's out there?
I just brought a nice white shirt from just jeans – and it was one sale too! Brought it from mq center after doing research on my cultural studies essay… which I haven’t even finished yet lol :D

There are a few sales going on at the moment (that cotton on store at mq center is having a closing down sale). But if you want to save money, I suggest window shopping! :p

Last edited:

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
marchetta said:
I just brought a nice white shirt from just jeans – and it was one sale too! Brought it from mq center after doing research on my cultural studies essay… which I haven’t even finished yet lol :D

There are a few sales going on at the moment (that cotton on store at mq center is having a closing down sale). But if you want to save money, I suggest window shopping! :p
LOL i LURRVE Cotton On!! everything is soo cheap :D, its like my fave place to buy casual "everyday uni clothes"! Plus their sizes are always a good fit, i could never stand jay jays, its only good for its singlets.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
redruM said:
My interview is at 10am. Which means I have to get up early AGAIN! I haven't had a day to sleep in for ages....:(

Hey redruM,

It might be too late but I've got a whole crapload of behavioural interviewing questions on my computer if you want them, which I've managed to steal from work.

I've also got questions+answers of the behavioral questions nature and the ad hoc type questions (which amatuers apparently only ask) back from my internship interview if you want them.

Well let me know if you want them :) it might be a bit late though...

Good Luck! :d

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
clairegirl said:
Hey redruM,

It might be too late but I've got a whole crapload of behavioural interviewing questions on my computer if you want them, which I've managed to steal from work.

I've also got questions+answers of the behavioral questions nature and the ad hoc type questions (which amatuers apparently only ask) back from my internship interview if you want them.

Well let me know if you want them :) it might be a bit late though...

Good Luck! :d
Yeah I think it would be too late. :p

I'd still like to see it, you can email me or add me on msn: rah_champ(AT)hotmail.com

Thanks. :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
marchetta said:
(that cotton on store at mq center is having a closing down sale).
wtf? it opened about 2 months ago

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Making new sigs and avs out of boredom

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
iambored said:
wtf? it opened about 2 months ago
Hah! I knew it, you are soo a chick, only a girl would take notice of that!

IAMBORED is a FEM!
:D

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha, but cotton on is a guy's store too
one day i am going to learn to make cool computer stuff (like sigs and avs)
on a boring yet brighter note for me, i have finally made a small start to the assignment i tried to start last week

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, oh don't try to side step it :p Guys wouldn't care about closing/openings to that exactness!

And making sigs/avatars is quite easy :D Just need a few hours of playing around with photoshop, find a picture you like, and then a) find some tutorials, b) play around until you find something you like :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)