• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so who's doing MX2? (1 Viewer)

mudcake42

HSC
I'm most likely doing it ... my teachers all believe I can do it ... actually everyone thinks I can do it except for me lol

I wanna do it because I like maths even though its fustrates me most times ... its my one strength ... and I can't see myself doing business studies for year 12 (we have 2 do minimum of 12 units for HSC)

... I am going to be SO stressed next year lol

mudcake42

HSC
yeh our school is gay ... they say statistically people who do 12 units to do better. but in my opinion, thats only cus those people are really smart so they can handle the 12 unit and would do well anyway!

right ok, back to the point of the thread ...

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Is it actual content of the course or is the workload and effort needed or a combination of both that makes MX2 so hard?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Kujah said:
Is it actual content of the course or is the workload and effort needed or a combination of both that makes MX2 so hard?
The content itself isn't exactly the discriminating factor, it's more of the general types of questions that appear in the course that you have to extend your mind and think outside of the box mathematically in order to solve those questions that stuff most people up. I'd say a combination of those two factors.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You'd need to get around 80+ in all Ext1. exams and 90+ in 2Unit exams to be able to breeze/not struggle with Ext2.

So far I've gotten 80+ in 2Unit [horrible] and 75 in Ext 1.

Abit more effor,t I believe I can do it and thus , take up 4 unit.

mudcake42

HSC
It's weird because I do better in my 3 unit maths tests then the 2 unit maths test ... 2 Unit = 89% 3 unit = 89% , 2 unit = 85% 3 unit = 94%...

my teacher says its cus im used to higher thinking so the 2 unit is hard for me 2 get my mind down a level??

Kujah

HSC
N/A
mudcake42 said:
It's weird because I do better in my 3 unit maths tests then the 2 unit maths test ... 2 Unit = 89% 3 unit = 89% , 2 unit = 85% 3 unit = 94%...

my teacher says its cus im used to higher thinking so the 2 unit is hard for me 2 get my mind down a level??
You're exactly like my friend ;)

shazran

HSC
i cant decide between eng 4 unit or math.... they both seem equally as rewarding and challenging ... and time consuming ... but yeah leaning towards math

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
depends how i go this yr in mx1. usually we only have like 1 person doing it tho. this yr thees none. and we've got an all girls class its really weird cuz guys are more expected to be maths brained but theres only 2guys out of 30 in top class. but then u get to physics and its almost all guys

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
mudcake42 said:

its the fact that you think 2U is a joke and neglect to pay as much attention and concentrate as much in the test or during class. Or you could too far ahead when you did the 2U tests and you forgot what you have learnt

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
z600 said:
its the fact that you think 2U is a joke and neglect to pay as much attention and concentrate as much in the test or during class. Or you could too far ahead when you did the 2U tests and you forgot what you have learnt
Thats how it is with me.

I honestly consider 2-unit to be a joke.

cccclaire

HSC
I'm doing the whole 2-unit course in year 11, sitting my HSC for it at the end of the year.
But we haven't started any 3 unit work, so next year we'll be doing the whole yr 11 and yr 12 3-unit course as well as the 4-unit course.

But 2-unit gets a bit harder. Actually, the year 11 course is easy-peasy, but some of the year 12 course is a bit harder.

mudcake42

HSC
cccclaire said:
I'm doing the whole 2-unit course in year 11, sitting my HSC for it at the end of the year.
But we haven't started any 3 unit work, so next year we'll be doing the whole yr 11 and yr 12 3-unit course as well as the 4-unit course.

But 2-unit gets a bit harder. Actually, the year 11 course is easy-peasy, but some of the year 12 course is a bit harder.
Ive heard of a couple of people doing that ... what school do you go to because I don't know any round mine that do it that way

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Realistically, what marks should we be getting in MX1 to do good in MX2?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
But can you really put a certain benchmark for allowing people to enter MX2. I mean other schools are different. Some have extremely exams and others are the opposite. It kinda makes it hard to set a mark.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Just need a rough average. I'm considering whether or not to do MX2 now, even though its a term away :eek: Would you have get a good average in MX! if you want to get an average of 80-90% in the typical MX2 course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)