• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So.... (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, she could've been smart, I don't usually write things in intro lectures :p
yeah, in my lecture i just tried to sleep - damn gay tables - keep fallin off. Any ideas they are way too small!, and one touch and all my stuff falls down onto the chick in front.. then say sorry get it back and then it happens again and then chick gives u that weird look.. then :burn:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
n00b!

Sleeping in lectures is a skill

CieL

HSC
ahaha.. yeah in my first lecture in the Mason Theatre the desks are like that.. but I went to Mac Theatre today and the tables were so stiff I had a hard time getting it up.. okay that just sounded wrong

CieL

HSC
AsyLum said:
Haha, she could've been smart, I don't usually write things in intro lectures :p
Nehhhhhhhhh.. she started writing like crazy after she got my pen..

How can you not write in intro lectures ><

iwannarock

HSC
CieL said:
Well, I thought the blonde chick that sat next to me was overconfident about uni because in the first 10mins of the lecture she didnt write anything.. until I realised she didnt have a pen and I lent her one.. then she told me later that she did have a pen but she flicked it somewhere then lost it..
hahah that girl sounds like me. slowly semester by semester i've gotten rid of all the excess stuff i have at uni. all of last semester i didnt bring anything to uni. no pens no paper no textbooks.. i wouldn't recommend it.

i dunno what to do now since i already come with nothing.\, maybe i need to shed off some of these useless clothes too. :rofl:

Good_riceZ

Go the Rabbitohs!
HSC
Why write anything when most things are either pretty darn useless(or commonsense however you look at it) or its accessible online or somewhere like that?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Exactly, most of the stuff they say is already in the Unit Outline, or available via some other source.

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I agree - introductory lectures are a complete waste of time.. I wouldnt even recommend attending them :D

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I wouldn't except its good to gauge the 'quality' in the tutes ;)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Love introductory lectures!! Usually understand most of what they are saying, especially the first half. :eek:

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
AsyLum said:
Exactly, most of the stuff they say is already in the Unit Outline, or available via some other source.
Yup, but how many of you actually read the outline? :p. They say it in the lecture so you can't complain to them later on that you didn't know =p.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
Had three lectures on my first day (yesterday) about to head of to a surprise MAS104 tute soon.
ARTS100 was pretty cool and Mr Lechte (i think) was pretty cool - we also had the 'pink bling bling' girl - she seems so cool and friendly and made the lecture fun.
MAS104 was daunting but at least I was sitting with friends, so it made it better :) So many people!!! *falls over*
MUS100 is going to be fun - Mr Evans was quite interesting and the Spicks & Specks style quiz really pushed knowledge of various contemporary music tracks.

All in all, pretty happy with my first day, although a bit freaked out by numbers and talk of essays and research and essays and essays and AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
what was the tucker max stall? I didn't get a good look at it

HSC
N/A
lcf said:
ARTS100 was pretty cool and Mr Lechte (i think) was pretty cool - we also had the 'pink bling bling' girl - she seems so cool and friendly and made the lecture fun.
YAY for arts100! My most favourite subject ever so far.

Are we talking about what I call the fluro pink girl? If so, I'm totally confused.

She's in my ARTS210 lecture. By itself that implies she's done ARTS105, open to BCA students only. It also sort of implies that she's already done ARTS100 as that's basically the first prescribed BCA unit you do.

*confused*

In other news, I finished uni today at 11am. :eek: So scary. I probably left before half of MQ's student's woke up.

I subsequently went to Westfield and spent far, far too much money on a one-off clothes-buying binge. :eek: But they're soooo pretty!

EDIT: I got my parking permit today!!! I had to leave the house before 7am and still only got to uni a little before 8, but I got it!!

So weird. When I got there, one girl was sitting outside the door, a couple of other people were lounging around (as loungy as you can get that early in the morning anyway). So I did the smart thing and sat down next to the girl nearest the door and formed the "queue"... instantly everyone else followed suit. About ten minutes later we had another 5 or so people rock on up, within another ten-fifteen minutes the line was about halfway to the stairs. Damn, MQ lines suck (except when you're second in line).

Last edited:

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
It is the same girl - maybe she was just visiting to scare/entertain/brighten the mood and allow us to relax a little (as it was the first lecture for many of us) still - who ever the pink fluro girl is - she is really cool :D

HSC
N/A
I'm totally going to try and work up the nerve to say hi to her next time I see her! :) However I think she's going to remain as "the fluro pink girl" in my mind for quite a while yet.

boinkBOINK

hustler
HSC
N/A
i had work on monday and my work had a stall going at uws -penrith and since this is the last sem we legally have to pay union fees they were really pushing their union stuff. like really interesting things going on and deals u get etc which really made you want to join again next sem.
but seems like they dont really care at macq. well from what ive experienced anyways.
i havent been given a single reason to keep paying union fees except to save a few cents when eating at uni.
u think they'd come up with some interesting or novel ideas to keep us excited in coming back for more

H?

buddy
HSC
boinkBOINK said:
i had work on monday and my work had a stall going at uws -penrith and since this is the last sem we legally have to pay union fees they were really pushing their union stuff. like really interesting things going on and deals u get etc which really made you want to join again next sem.
but seems like they dont really care at macq. well from what ive experienced anyways.
i havent been given a single reason to keep paying union fees except to save a few cents when eating at uni.
u think they'd come up with some interesting or novel ideas to keep us excited in coming back for more
Because EFS is picking up the tab next sem ;)

CieL

HSC
AsyLum said:
On WebCT, are the lecture slides/overheads made available after the lecture? At the moment there's only Lecture 1 slides and I was wondering if there's more to come? So I won't bother writing in my next lecture? hehehe or is that a bad idea =S

*hopeful*

HSC
my 1st day back wuz kool, just like normal except 4 the huggge amount of ppl at uni.....is it just me or is there a big amount of newbies ?

that damn optus penguin wouldnt stop coming up n bear-hugging me...got kinda scary after the 4th time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)