• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Special Provisions Help!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

mathslover

HSC
does any1 know whether extra time to rest is different to extra time?
i applied for SP for extra time to write and/or a writer, and it came back approved for a writer and/or extra time to rest
i have wrist problems and i really needed the extra time to write of 5mins every 1/2 hour but now idk whether i will get that.. i think i will only get rest breaks and that wont help me as muchh
im so confused, i really really hope i didnt apply for the wrong thing.
HELP PLEASE

Megson

HSC
Since your having a writer, you get extra time to compensate for the dicatation process, which is 5 minutes per half hour I believe for HSC. But you don't get extra time to 'write' because your not writing, the writer is.
If you've been granted extra rest time this is on top of that time. But you cannot dicatate or write during this time.
Hope this is what you were asking for

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mathslover said:
does any1 know whether extra time to rest is different to extra time?
i applied for SP for extra time to write and/or a writer, and it came back approved for a writer and/or extra time to rest
i have wrist problems and i really needed the extra time to write of 5mins every 1/2 hour but now idk whether i will get that.. i think i will only get rest breaks and that wont help me as muchh
im so confused, i really really hope i didnt apply for the wrong thing.
HELP PLEASE
Um...it depends.

I have been a scriber for several times this year and some people can actually use their rest time for their writing. For example, my partner didn't use anytime for resting. He just used all for his writing...

mathslover

HSC
Megson said:
Since your having a writer, you get extra time to compensate for the dicatation process, which is 5 minutes per half hour I believe for HSC. But you don't get extra time to 'write' because your not writing, the writer is.
If you've been granted extra rest time this is on top of that time. But you cannot dicatate or write during this time.
Hope this is what you were asking for
i wanted to have a writer next to me for when my hand gets tired.
but i would like to avoid using a writer at all, coz it disdvanatges me.. if possible i would like to write all of my exams myslef.. im really slow at writing and i thought i had applied for extra time to write as well as a writer for back up.
and i cant use a writer for my maths exams anyway
i talked to my bos person who is organising my spec prov but she doesnt have all my documnetaion yet n said she'll get back to me
im really worried bout this =[
so.. if i choose not to use the writer, do i still get the extra time?
its clear in the document that the rest breaks involves no writing.
i have no idea how to do ppast papers now.. like the time i should give myself
thx for ur help i really need it rite now =[

mathslover

HSC
lyounamu said:
Um...it depends.

I have been a scriber for several times this year and some people can actually use their rest time for their writing. For example, my partner didn't use anytime for resting. He just used all for his writing...
was that an internal assessment exam or the actual external HSC?
thanks

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mathslover said:
was that an internal assessment exam or the actual external HSC?
thanks
Um, that was during the CSSA Trial and I am guessing that the same thing will happen for HSC.

SimonLee13

HSC
Is it only 5 mins per hour? I thought It was a lot more than that.

loz8888

HSC
i thought it was 5mins per half hour...i thought that was what i get...but i could be wrong? i cant really remember

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mathslover said:
na thats it
i had that for my trials as well
u serious?

people at my school get 5 min per 30 minutes.

meh, it may differ depending on the situations I guess.

SimonLee13

HSC
I'm pretty sure its 5 min per 30 minutes. Guy in my class had 7.5 more minutes for a 45 minute legal exam.

mathslover

HSC
SimonLee13 said:
I'm pretty sure its 5 min per 30 minutes. Guy in my class had 7.5 more minutes for a 45 minute legal exam.
sorry i misread it
it is 5 per half hr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)