• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Speed of note taking. (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
So does anyone else take a long time to write up notes from a textbook? For some reason it takes me at least 10-15 mins per page to actually summarise and somewhat understand it :frown2: Are there any tips on how to note take faster? I just view that most the information on each page is crucial but it's just really time consuming to create some notes :/

_deloso

HSC
So does anyone else take a long time to write up notes from a textbook? For some reason it takes me at least 10-15 mins per page to actually summarise and somewhat understand it :frown2: Are there any tips on how to note take faster? I just view that most the information on each page is crucial but it's just really time consuming to create some notes :/
cutting down on the info. had the same problem before. you might think that every sentence is important, but once you read over it once or twice, the key concepts and info should stand out. and before you read, know what the question is or why you're reading the info. like have a dotpoint in your syllabus that you can answer when reading the info so you will know what key concepts to find. once you've found them then highlight or write it down so that it stays in your head. you'll get used to it once you start.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
cutting down on the info. had the same problem before. you might think that every sentence is important, but once you read over it once or twice, the key concepts and info should stand out. and before you read, know what the question is or why you're reading the info. like have a dotpoint in your syllabus that you can answer when reading the info so you will know what key concepts to find. once you've found them then highlight or write it down so that it stays in your head. you'll get used to it once you start.
Great advice there. This will save you alot of time.

juicystar07

HSC
N/A
absolutely agree with _deloso, and honestly, this may sounds incredibly medicore, but you should just make them 'pretty' - with highlighters and different coloured pens. if you are like me, and are visually aesthetic, then in would seriously benefit you!
just my two cents :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)