• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

strategies for section I / location of more (1 Viewer)

Tim035

HSC
I've always done exceptionally well in section one but I still get incredibly nervous that I won't be able to identify what the writing is saying about journey or the techniques imbeded in it or I'll waste to much time just sitting and thinking about what to write.
Also I feel like I've tended to just wing it in the exam, I look at my answers post exam and I'm like "wow!" how the hell did I manage to come up with that!

Has anyone developed a good strategie or way of making sure you work through section I efficently and with confidence?

Also I've done the past 2 HSC's (even though most of them are still copywrited) and the few section I's on the trial papers in the resource section. Does anyone else know the location on the internet of any other trial papers for section I ?

Dr_Doom

HSC
Remember you get 10 minutes reading time. I use that to skim through all the section one texts and briefly answer the questions in my head so I can get section one done pretty fast and move onto other sections.

Also the good thing about reading time in multiple choice exams is you can place objects like rubbers and pens over the right answers then just fill them in when time starts. :p

Tim035

HSC
your not allowed to highlight in reading time are you?

Because highlighting key quotes/techniques would save heaps of time in section I

Dr_Doom

HSC
Nah lol otherwise they would call it 'Highlighting time'

sandersen

si seulement...
HSC
Tim035 said:
your not allowed to highlight in reading time are you?

Because highlighting key quotes/techniques would save heaps of time in section I
No you can't pick up anything that can write

Dr_Doom

HSC
Just like use saliva and make watermarks on the important sections :p ..

n@ttyb

HSC
lol thats a good one !
i always go pretty bad in section I... essay the best and creative writing eww lol. I just dont no how to " deconstruct" a text

Tim035

HSC
haha.. yeah I always use my finger nails to indent the answers to multiple choice exams. I guess I could use my nails to put little indentations on either side of the quotes I plan on using.
+ I'm having a toss up which to do 1st, section I or section III. I like doing my essay fresh and having ample time to do it, but most ppl seem to suggest going in the order I, III, II .

Vicsta

HSC
it depends on how quick you can deconstruct a question and interpret it into your essay, i recon do I III II as already quoted above. lets just hope creative writing isent goin to be some create a speech for the children of tommorow :mad1: lol then my whole creative writing peice is goooonnne. this is how it starts:
A sudden feel of sandy water running through his feet broke his concentration of the lecture, the warm sun gazing on the surface of his skin, piercing the pores on his shoulders with a tepid feeling. In contrast the feeling of loss, misadventure, and unfulfilled goals ruptured his body as he sat in a room; a room with more brains than bodies, a feeling of imprisonment- no escape, and the only way out was at the end of the journey.

lets hope all goes well :D:D

Dr_Doom

HSC
Vicsta said:
it depends on how quick you can deconstruct a question and interpret it into your essay, i recon do I III II as already quoted above. lets just hope creative writing isent goin to be some create a speech for the children of tommorow :mad1: lol then my whole creative writing peice is goooonnne. this is how it starts:
A sudden feel of sandy water running through his feet broke his concentration of the lecture, the warm sun gazing on the surface of his skin, piercing the pores on his shoulders with a tepid feeling. In contrast the feeling of loss, misadventure, and unfulfilled goals ruptured his body as he sat in a room; a room with more brains than bodies, a feeling of imprisonment- no escape, and the only way out was at the end of the journey.

lets hope all goes well :D:D
That's some nice descriptive language :p Mine's alot simpler. Although I got the best line to 'capture the attention' :p

the_essence

HSC
I go in this order: creative, essay, comprehension's last for me

I find that in the time i spend writing the creative and essay, i get more ideas about section one and what it's saying

Tim035

HSC
Yeah I love my story and would be crushed if I had to cut it short. But judging by the timing over the last few weeks of doing responces my essay takes between 41 - 43 minutes to do, my story 34 - 38 minutes and section I sometimes I get done in 30 minutes, some times it takes me an hour to do :(

Also my story is in first person, so bring on the speeches/journal articles :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)