• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studing techniques (1 Viewer)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
picking a song u love and singing ur notes to the tune of it is great coz u remember the work every time u hear the song.

chii

HSC
N/A
seriously, every technique works differently for everyone
find one that suits you =P

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
cramming has worked so far.. but now our assessments are like cumulative.. so each test examines everything u learnt so far.. NOT good for cram peoplee >:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
ishq: yes I'm doing that now..There's an eco assessment tomorrow and having to CRAM 2 topics is a bitch. *stocks up on red bull and ginkgo

lala2

Banned
HSC
consistent study, and also are you asking about how you absorb the facts and remember them?

alien

HSC
mine's more of a week before review the entire course cram.
take breaks when your brain gets tired. break=10 min walk. refreshes brain.
sleep enough. early to bed and early to rise.
works really well

matt#1

HSC
N/A
i've got a study tip for you.....stop coming on BOS all the time! It's amazing how much time you guys spend procrastinating on a site that is supposed to be dedicated to helping HSC students....not helping them waste their time.

Of course i'm guilty of wasting precious time scanning the BOS forums as well :)

ishq

brown?
HSC
DaddyK said:
Reading the writing in all of my books and my notes helps alot.
That would help for me, but my notes are usually a messy scrawl in shorthand. When I'm writing, I devise all these shortcuts, sure that I will remember them later.
I'm usually wrong ;)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i live on cramming, cramming lives on me, i ama crammer. i will die a crammer. cramming will die when i die.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i reckon highlighting, underlining, annotating, consistent cramming *not just revising and studying* and practice papers are the only way to go!

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
[SIZE=-2].......planning and managing your time, revising, working ahead on syllabus dp's....and being motivated to achieve the best....
I go by the motto "review, preview, and plan"--not that kool, but it still gets me somewhere.............[/SIZE]

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
do most of you guys absorb your facts by just reading?

brilliance**

just a member.
HSC
N/A
[SIZE=-2]I remember one teacher telling me once that, in order to successfully remember and absorb the stuff you are studying, you need to stimulate as many senses while studying.....
for example, when studying a whole paragraph of theory, it is most effective when you read out loud, and also understand/imagine what you are reading (some people ,I find, just read out loud and not know what they are reading), also whilst doing that, stimulate ur sense of smell by the use of fragrances such as lavender and mint... etc.
I remember a friend of mine had different fragrances for different subjects, and he found it quite effective -- came out with a 99+ UAI .... but different techniques work on different people.
another suggestion is recording yourself read out ur own notes, and listen to it over and over again until it's glued into your head - mite seem a little wierd, but I'm sure it works for some people then again, not for others.
-- I got all these suggestions from friends who've got high 90's in the uai.... so I guess these strategies definately work effectively for some people......[/SIZE]

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)