• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study and Classwork Set-up? (1 Viewer)

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Study and Classwork Set-up

Hey guys, what's your study/books set-up for Yr 11/12 or, what WAS your study set-up for all you graduate?

I studied shit all for Year 11, so now that I'm moving onto Year 12, I've formulated a heaps better set-up for school.

At school, I (will) bring about 30 loose leaf sheets/refills in a binder. I do all my classwork on these sheets and all the hand-outs I recieve (will) get stuffed into plastic sleeves in the same binder. When I get home, I have A4 binders for all of my subjects which I then put all my stuff in. I put my classwork in the binder, and I have plastic sleeves for my handouts to go in. This way, absolutely all of the stuff I do/get for each subject is in the same folder.

I bought a book case from Officeworks for $69 (Ha, ha, ha) but I altered it a bit so there are seven compartments for each of my subjects where my text books, folders, etc go in.

After school, I take all my stuff out of my school folder, place it in each subject binder, summarise what I've done into a seperate summary book and then chuck it in the modified book case.

On top of this, I've got a white board bi-monthly planner thingimajig next to my desk where I write down all my assessments and such.

Hopefully, this set-up will do me good for the HSC...let's see how long it'll take before I get the shits with it and just start leaving junk all over my desk :p
----------------
What set-up have you guys got goin? Hopefully, if we all list what we're doing, then new generations of HSC students in the future will have something to go by.

Last edited:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I just used (considering l've finished going to school now) binders for each subject, and l'd clean them out at the end of the week.

rainonmay

floating around
HSC
i started the year using books but by the end all my notes were done on loose sleeve and some of them i lost... i'm not very organised

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
i use loose leaf in a folder at school.
the mess starts when i get home. I used to transfer the stuff to manilaa folders or other ring binder folders but this didnt work as then when i took pages out to study i lost the places and i ended up with all my notes all over the floor!
i am going to have ot think of a better way for next year

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Don't substitute manilla folders with plastic sleeve folders!!

I have seen with my own eyes the consequences of having manilla folders and taking them to school.

My friend uses them and it takes him about 5-10 mins to find a hand out the teacher has given us, because he has to look through every single sheet of paper, one at a time...

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
okay lol thanks 4 advice. the only prob with big folders is when i take pages out to study from they get messed up and you lose the order ...

Gemstone

I use binders similar to how you said you do it. I had a folder which I'd take to school which I had work for the units we were doing at the time. I did that so that I could refer back to stuff. At the end of the topic I'd clear it out and put it into the binder for that subject. Some subjects have 2 though because I did more written stuff or there where heads of handouts.

Gems

twisted_sista00

OMG! custom status!
HSC
yeah i had a similar system to that from beginning of yr 11. lasted about two weeks. i have the organisational skills of a *insert name of something with little to no organisational skills* as i am hopeless. hopefully i can get my act together this hols for hsc study!!!

Last edited:

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
just as long as u study and get good amrks who cares- what works for u only u know- see i like stress. then i get work done

kylie_robbo

~Put your name on EVERYTHING even your hand-written notes on loose-leaf refil paper... That way, when someone borrows your notes, they feel obliged to give it back because your name is on it... Also, get the reinforced paper... it doesn't rip as easily

~Make sure you have plenty of spare plastic sleeves in your school folder, or, get a flat hole punch to by-pass the plastic sleeves

~Coloured divider tabs are wonderful things... they keep everything sorted and the colour bit helps your mind associate different things

~Put dates on EVERYTHING, and if you get multiple pages on one day (in the same subject) number them x of y (so you know what number it is, and how many you are missing)

~Don't become slack in putting the stuff from your school folder into your stay-at-home-subject folders, and then into the bookcase

No matter what you do, there will always be a better way to orgainise yourself, or stay orgainised... Keep up with what you are doing for atleast a few weeks, and then if it is totally not working, come up with a different way.

I do 5 subjects: St Eng, Gen Maths, Music (they are in folder one) and PD/H/PE and Soc & Cult (they are in folder two)... the two folders works for me, but it doesn't work for most people... My car is also my filing cabnet... DON'T do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)