• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Group (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Way to make me even more jealous Yvonne. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
Study Group today was an awesome experience guys. It was great to finally meet Namu, Anna, Jeffery and Vivian and meet up with Victor and Nathan again. Although we (actually, me - haha) didn't get much study done, it was definitely a very motivational and memorable experience (particularly at the restaurant and all that left over money :p). You guys are so awesome - I can't wait for another one! :)

EDIT: And I forgot to of course thank Nathan for organising such an event.
omg, what a way to put all that burden on poor namu. :p

yeah, it was highly motivational. As I said, the first one isn't usually successful in terms of amount of work done and I guess I was right on that. But it always gets better.

@tom: I will tell you some story that will not make you very jealous...
  1. We got yelled at by some random lady for being too loud.
  2. We had to go around the whole city to find a right restaurant (sort of)
  3. We had to wait for like 10 minutes JUST TO GET INTO A RESTAURANT
  4. Another 10 minutes waiting... for foods
  5. And the most embarrasing (but really funny) thing is when some people were asking the waiter "is water free?" or "is there anything else that is free?" or "yeah, i got free stuff!"
  6. all the security thing on the library is a big turn-off. I had to waste my first precious 30 minutes to know what I needed to do just to get past that entrance....

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:

yeah, it was highly motivational. As I said, the first one isn't usually successful in terms of amount of work done and I guess I was right on that. But it always gets better.

5. And the most embarrasing (but really funny) thing is when some people were asking the waiter "is water free?" or "is there anything else that is free?" or "yeah, i got free stuff!"
  6. all the security thing on the library is a big turn-off. I had to waste my first precious 30 minutes to know what I needed to do just to get past that entrance....
LOL namu, did you buy your brother some candy? :party:

Oh yeah, there were some bad bits like carrying around our heavy textbooks all over the place, the heat and that, but it was cool in the end. Oh wait, this isn't making it any better for Thomas. I'll just shut up now.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
LOL namu, did you buy your brother some candy? :party:

Oh yeah, there were some bad bits like carrying around our heavy textbooks all over the place, the heat and that, but it was cool in the end. Oh wait, this isn't making it any better for Thomas. I'll just shut up now.
Don't make me feel bad...

I would just get heaps of working out papers with that money so that we can use those papers to do maths.. I guess I can get 500 page (working out paper) with that.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
Don't make me feel bad...

I would just get heaps of working out papers with that money so that we can use those papers to do maths.. I guess I can get 500 page (working out paper) with that.
LOL it turns out that the extra $10 was my sister's. haha. oh wells xD Let's spend it on books! :shy: Oh btw, my sister thinks you're very funny Namu :)

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
LOL you it turns out that the extra $10 was my sister's. haha. oh wells xD Let's spend it on books! :shy: Oh btw, my sister thinks you're very funny Namu :)
Yeah, I felt that something was fishy. :(

I feel worse now. :( :( :(

adidasboy

weee
HSC
Ohhh my morning powernap was awesome! Some fat lady was squishing me on the train seat so I couldn't sleep there so i napped in the library :D

btw namu = jay chou

xMrRand0m

HSC
lyounamu said:

LOL @ Victor. On top of that, he even asked what else was free :p
Anyway, besides those embarrassing moments mentioned by Namu, the day went pretty well I reckon. Lots of motivation, especially from that sheet by Namu, ahaha, thanks for that! Really thoughtful of you. :spin:
Can't wait till we meet again some time next week.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
adidasboy said:
Ohhh my morning powernap was awesome! Some fat lady was squishing me on the train seat so I couldn't sleep there so i napped in the library :D

btw namu = jay chou
lol, I am glad that our study group provided you with a power nap. If you come on the next time, I will give you something very special (IT IS NOT something that would make you...:cold: and don't even consider that part). And I am sure you will sleep better the next time as we will focus more on studies...haha

btw, victor = some sexy fob who is like a girl magnet. :D

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
adidasboy said:

btw namu = jay chou
LOL! I wondered what you were doing x) And I wholeheartedly agree with Victor's equation for namu - lucky I bought my 4u exercise book that had Jay on it so we could compare :)

xMrRand0m said:
LOL @ Victor. On top of that, he even asked what else was free :p
Anyway, besides those embarrassing moments mentioned by Namu, the day went pretty well I reckon. Lots of motivation, especially from that sheet by Namu, ahaha, thanks for that! Really thoughtful of you. :spin:
Can't wait till we meet again some time next week.
That sheet was very motivational. It really made me think. Thank you Namu.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
LOL I have a feeling all your posts will be marked as spam.

Thought I'd make a serious post and say that I'm sorry but I have to decline any new people to the study group - cause I think we're more than full. A few people have asked me and I've had to decline.

Also thank you Namu for the sheet.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
By briefly "reviewing" the problem we had today, I came to conclusiont that we didn't really know what to do. I guess we will somehow have to sort that out. And another problem was that it was a little bit awkward at first. But we don't have that problem now! oh wait...we have new people, meh, that's not much.

I will suggest that people give me private message from our group members who wish to study maths on the next time about the topics that they want to do. Just give me a list (about 3 topics for each 3/4 maths) then I can take the most popular ones and we can basically study together on those topics. Then we know that we will be on the same line and we can get all the past papers too specially on that topic. That way, I don't need to be such an idiot and carry 8+ books (and end up filling them out on the paper...):p :p :p

Anyway, please pm me. I want to get that figured out. And for English nerds, we are fine I guess because everyone basically does different prescribe text apart from the belonging definition and etc.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
the-derivative said:
LOL I have a feeling all your posts will be marked as spam.

Thought I'd make a serious post and say that I'm sorry but I have to decline any new people to the study group - cause I think we're more than full. A few people have asked me and I've had to decline.

Also thank you Namu for the sheet.
+1
I think that although today was good fun, we really have reached out maximum in terms of people coming in. We got yelled at my security - twice (once by some man and another time by an anonymous shusher).

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
By briefly "reviewing" the problem we had today, I came to conclusiont that we didn't really know what to do. I guess we will somehow have to sort that out. And another problem was that it was a little bit awkward at first. But we don't have that problem now! oh wait...we have new people, meh, that's not much.

I will suggest that people give me private message from our group members who wish to study maths on the next time about the topics that they want to do. Just give me a list (about 3 topics for each 3/4 maths) then I can take the most popular ones and we can basically study together on those topics. Then we know that we will be on the same line and we can get all the past papers too specially on that topic. That way, I don't need to be such an idiot and carry 8+ books (and end up filling them out on the paper...):p :p :p

Anyway, please pm me. I want to get that figured out. And for English nerds, we are fine I guess because everyone basically does different prescribe text apart from the belonging definition and etc.
A solid idea Namu. We were a bit disorientated at the start. I seem to remember us 4 trying to fix the lockers while you were sitting there on the tables waiting for us to start. In saying that, we shall pm each other with what we need help with. I hope my English notes helped you today Namu!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
lyounamu said:

LOL!

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
:'( wish i could come to one but too long a travel time (2.5-3.5hrs). But i see BoS as my study group/s, we all help each other out when needed, and we all pretty much get along -so unless people live in the nowra area and want to get together for a study group session- this will always be my one and only major study group.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Jeez, I'll be out of the loop now that everyone else knows each other ==;;
Still, looking forward to it. Sounds fun :)

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
youngminii said:
Jeez, I'll be out of the loop now that everyone else knows each other ==;;
Still, looking forward to it. Sounds fun :)
Nah don't worry, you'll still blend right in and feel at home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)