• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying for an "ugly" subject (1 Viewer)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
SOR II - Compulsory... :sleep:
Probably won't even be bothered to study for it. Although our school does get the most band 6's in the subject.
Might as well do good in the subject in order to keep your school's reputation.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Fawun

Queen
HSC
English Advanced was my 'ugly' subject. How did I study for it, you ask? I didn't :) I just f**king raped some of my other subjects to make up for my Band 4 :D
this is what i'm hoping to do but i don't think i'd be able to rape 4u maths lol

Makematics

HSC
Geography... Most useless subject I have ever encountered in my whole f**king entire life. Seriously, the stuff we learn isn't relevant at all. I mean come on coastal management - WHO THE HELL CARES. The worst part of the crappy subject was the fact that we studied Australian geography (if we studied international geography, I wouldn't have minded) which makes it even more boring. Thanks goodness I dropped it for year 11 though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Argh, it makes me so angry when I hear this. Barely anyone chooses Prelim Geo because of how boring and mundane Yr 9/10 Australian Geo is. Geo was always my favourite subject after maths, and I was getting crappy marks in yr 10. Yet I still chose it for yr 11 and it turned out to be an amazing course (both prelim & HSC) and my best subject after maths. Also my HSC geo mark ended up being 8 marks higher than my SC geo mark.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Argh, it makes me so angry when I hear this. Barely anyone chooses Prelim Geo because of how boring and mundane Yr 9/10 Australian Geo is. Geo was always my favourite subject after maths, and I was getting crappy marks in yr 10. Yet I still chose it for yr 11 and it turned out to be an amazing course (both prelim & HSC) and my best subject after maths. Also my HSC geo mark ended up being 8 marks higher than my SC geo mark.
Well, maybe if the year 9 & 10 syllabus was changed, I might've liked geo.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
English Advanced was my 'ugly' subject. How did I study for it, you ask? I didn't :) I just f**king raped some of my other subjects to make up for my Band 4 :D
I put more effort into it than 3-unit and Chem. Thought I would get b6.

Nek minnit I get b4 :evilfire:

I had 12 units and eco by far was my weakest. I didn't study for it but still ended up with b4 somehow (I answer every question using the science method I learnt for Physics and Chem lol).

At least I got 88+ in everything else :D

And funnily, the subjects I got 88+ in were those that scaled well for a 97-99.8 ATAR.

So I somehow did better in the subjects that most regard "harder" than the rest.

I was put off Geo in 9/10 because our teacher made it so boring. I would've picked it over Eco if we had a more fun teacher (our eco teacher made it fun, but I didn't like the study itself).

FireRunning

HSC
lol... I remember you did an allnighter just to cram study a related text for module C... haha
anyways English is more like a memory and speedwriting test imo... i'm pretty bad at both of these skills too...

Makematics

HSC
lol... I remember you did an allnighter just to cram study a related text for module C... haha
anyways English is more like a memory and speedwriting test imo... i'm pretty bad at both of these skills too...
Lol i think this was before trials? And i never actually did an all nighter before an exam, i need my sleep :) once i slept at 4am though, and that turned out terribly

bec3

HSC
My "ugly" subject was chem
For me, it frustrated me so much that I waged war on it
I wasn't going to let chem win so I studied it and kept trying to have the satisfaction of winning
.... yep not competitive at all
Ended up with a Band 4- exciting stuff for someone who originally didn't understand the majority of the course :)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My "ugly" subject was chem
For me, it frustrated me so much that I waged war on it
I wasn't going to let chem win so I studied it and kept trying to have the satisfaction of winning
.... yep not competitive at all
Ended up with a Band 4- exciting stuff for someone who originally didn't understand the majority of the course :)
Know that feeling for eco. I loved chem though.

Ironist

HSC
Extension Two English. Some people enjoy it, but I went in there without a clue as to what to write about, and I still didn't have a clue about 3 months later. When I finally decided on my plot direction it was pretty much out of necessity, not careful, deliberated planning.

There was enough bullshit in my journal entries to fertilise James Ruse's fields.

dunjaaa

HSC
Definitely Advanced English, but tbh you just have to sit down, put some band aids on your nipples and WORK. Once you master the art of grinding, everything becomes doable (no innuendo intended) :)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Geography... Most useless subject I have ever encountered in my whole f**king entire life. Seriously, the stuff we learn isn't relevant at all. I mean come on coastal management - WHO THE HELL CARES. The worst part of the crappy subject was the fact that we studied Australian geography (if we studied international geography, I wouldn't have minded) which makes it even more boring. Thanks goodness I dropped it for year 11 though.

English, haha don't get me started. The teachers always seem to be biased in terms of marking, hence why it's subjective. I hate how there's no straight answer which means that those people who make up BS can get away with it whereas I can't since I'm not 'sophisticated enough'. Arghhh! English will pull my ATAR down heaps! I least I'm getting tutoring to amend my weakest subject....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
ARgghhhhh engilsh is ueseless

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)