• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying For Germany.. (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
What particular areas/events/individuals in regards to Germany should i focus on? i have started writing up notes but they are too long as i'm not sure about what areas they will most likely ask in my exams coming up. any help will be appericated. thanks !

biggie walls

HSC
Option C: Germany 1918–1939

Principal focus: Students investigate the key features and issues of the history of Germany
1918–1939.

Key features and issues:

• successes and failures of democracy
• nature and role of nationalism
• influence of the German army
• nature and influence of racism
• changes in society
• the nature and impact of Nazism
• aims and impact of Nazi foreign policy

Students learn about:

1 Weimar Republic
– emergence of the Democratic Republic and the impact of the Treaty of Versailles
– political, economic and social issues in the Weimar Republic to 1929
– collapse of the Weimar Republic 1929–1933
– impact of the Great Depression on Germany

2 The rise of the Nazi Party
– rise of the Nazi Party (NSDAP) from 1923
– Hitler’s accession to power
– initial consolidation of Nazi power 1933–1934

3 Nazism in power
– Hitler’s role in the Nazi state
– Nazism as totalitarianism
– the role of propaganda, terror and repression; SA and SS; opposition to Nazism
– social and cultural life in the Nazi state: role of Hitler Youth, women, religion
– Nazi racial policy; anti-Semitism: policy and practice to 1939

4 Nazi foreign policy
– nature of Nazi foreign policy: aims and strategies to September 1939
– impact of ideology on Nazi foreign policy to September 1939

there's the syllabus ^

make your notes according to the "Students learn about" section

the HSC exam essay questions are made up from "Key features and issues" section

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
Basically the only thing you can do to make your notes shorter is to use smaller sentences. There's no way of trying to guess what's 'most likely' to be asked about and then skimp on other sections. Modern History's a bit like that :(

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
thanks guys =] my teacher told me that the questions that usually are going to be asked are either about the failure of the Weimar Republic or totalitarianism.

hangerm5

HSC
To an extent that is certainly right...I took the attitude that the central theme of the question would be the fall of the republic and rise of nazism, effectively the same thing in this situation. The trick is when they phrase it so it refers to a specific section of the course or a specific ism...so unfortunately there is no real shortcut....dont be too worried tho, there is a lot to know in this course but it is quite interesting.

Rascalous

HSC
hangerm5 said:
To an extent that is certainly right...I took the attitude that the central theme of the question would be the fall of the republic and rise of nazism, effectively the same thing in this situation. The trick is when they phrase it so it refers to a specific section of the course or a specific ism...so unfortunately there is no real shortcut....dont be too worried tho, there is a lot to know in this course but it is quite interesting.
Interesting... i suppose some parts are interesting romanovs civil rights slave trade yeahh all that was pretty good i enjoyed worl war one 2. so guess what i remeber that. but its the things that arent interesting (ie wiemar republic) that i dont remeber. now i have exams and i cant remeber anything on the tops i disliked? its so stupid. i wish everything could be interresting to everyone then i would have no problems lol.

at least i have my trusty excel text book:)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Rascalous said:
Interesting... i suppose some parts are interesting romanovs civil rights slave trade yeahh all that was pretty good i enjoyed worl war one 2. so guess what i remeber that. but its the things that arent interesting (ie wiemar republic) that i dont remeber. now i have exams and i cant remeber anything on the tops i disliked? its so stupid. i wish everything could be interresting to everyone then i would have no problems lol.

at least i have my trusty excel text book:)
your the total opposite to me ! world war one and romanov was so boring, i slept a lot during those lessons ! good times ^^;; but anyways weimar republic is the best hehe =]

Rascalous

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
your the total opposite to me ! world war one and romanov was so boring, i slept a lot during those lessons ! good times ^^;; but anyways weimar republic is the best hehe =]
rofl. see what i mean about why cant everything appeal to everyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)