• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subway! (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
shite. When I worked at Bi-Lo I started off at $8.35 p/hr (extra on Sundays, public hols etc.)-and I was 14. It was much more quiet and slow paced cause it was in a remote part of town. Some fast food places really do redefine the idea of dirt cheap labour.....kids around the 14/15 age group can be much more easily manipulated by employers, mainly because the employer knows they can get away with it...it's much less likely that this age group will complain, mainly because : a) they're new to the workforce and don't want to stand out b) lack of experience, c) not wanting to lose their job. The last reason IS quite a valid one seeing as they don't have to fire casual labour....they can do it the quiet way and gradually decrease your shifts until there's none left.
Not all fast food places are like this obviously but I know of some that ARE-based on my friends' experiences
Did you really? How nice of you to share your exceptionally polite and informed opinion. You can't really pass judgements like that unless you KNOW the person and know exactly what it is they really wanna get out of life-no offence, hannahxxx.

ZabZu

HSC
runtlocks said:
Does anyone know how much an 18 and 19 year old gets paid? Do you also get time and a half on Sundays?
As a 19yr old i got $13.80 an hour. I was on an AWA, penatly rates were traded away for a higher flat rate.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
runtlocks said:
Does anyone know how much an 18 and 19 year old gets paid? Do you also get time and a half on Sundays?
At the one I was at it was $15 flat rate for everyone (most employees were 18-21).

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
At the one I was at it was $15 flat rate for everyone (most employees were 18-21).
what area was that one?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
withoutaface said:
I wouldn't mind that, hopefully will get a position at the new Norwest store opening up

hannahxxx

HSC
ari89 said:
How nice of you to share your exceptionally polite and informed opinion.
S'alright............democracy IS beautiful , isn't it?

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
hannahxxx said:
S'alright............democracy IS beautiful , isn't it?
From the other posts I've read of yours hannaxxx I have come to this conclusion: you are intent on insulting others. People who put others down often do so because they need to raise their own self-worth, feel immensely insecure and/or are narcissistic and attention seeking. Most people who put up posts want honest advice and opinions not derogatory comments...fix up whatever's screwed up in your own life ...sorry to interrupt this post peeps...just had to say that...

Odette1990

HSC
Wait a go ari89 i totally agree lol :)

Now back to subway lol my cousin works for subway and employees 18 and over get paid $18 an hour [thats casual though i think im not sure] Im not too sure as to how much they get paid for working on Sundays but I know its a little extra, but not that much. Hope that helps answer your question, however im from vic so this could be meaningless to you lol; however considering its a franchise it should be the same everywhere.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Odette1990 said:
Wait a go ari89 i totally agree lol :)

Now back to subway lol my cousin works for subway and employees 18 and over get paid $18 an hour [thats casual though i think im not sure] Im not too sure as to how much they get paid for working on Sundays but I know its a little extra, but not that much. Hope that helps answer your question, however im from vic so this could be meaningless to you lol; however considering its a franchise it should be the same everywhere.
If its the same here i'll go for it....$18 is pretty good...

Odette1990

HSC
ZabZu said:
You wont find a Subway in NSW that gives 18 yo.s $18 an hour.
Not even a casual? Thats bad if thats the case, because the ones in Melbourne do, and its a franchise so it SHOULD be the same everywhere, but I dont know

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Odette1990 said:
Not even a casual? Thats bad if thats the case, because the ones in Melbourne do, and its a franchise so it SHOULD be the same everywhere, but I dont know
If the prices they charge aren't the same, there's no reason why they wages would need to be...

*BIRDIE*

RAWR!!!
HSC
an 18yr old gets $12.60 i used to work there (couple months ago - then yesty i had to walk back in an ask for my old job back cos my current job cant afford the staff so every1s hours have been cut in half or more. got free subs, free drinks (from machine) and free cookies all day, was a supervisor so did 9 hour shifts on a sunday and try not to finish later than the rosted time cos youll get in shit.. trust me u do!

xxPanDa

HSC
if the rates are $15+ per hour im ok with it
i saw this store which said "subway comming soon"
so i thought i might give it a try.

anyone got anytips on getting the job?
im 18, never got a job before
looking for casual or part time since im at uni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)