• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

!!!suggestons about textbooks!!! (1 Viewer)

supermike

HSC
N/A
hi, i am a hsc student looking for some decent textbooks and study guides especially on math ext 2, business studies and economics!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

please please please share ur thoughts and opinions on this thread as i am completely lost.

btw, is the excel hsc math ext 1& 2 any good?? and which is the best place/book store where i can lay my hands on these books at the cheapest prices???:jedi::burn:

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Cambridge - excellent, difficult
Patel (the text, not study guide) - excellent, all difficulty levels, great explanations

Those are the only two you need really bother with. I'd buy Patel first.

lou071

HSC
N/A
i think cambridge book is very good one.
explanation + many questions + they are a bit difficult

supermike

HSC
N/A
patel??? r u referring to the excel math ext 2 hsc guide wriiten by S.K.Patel???

savio23q, ths for the offer!! i would however like to know more about the condition and edition of that macquarie guide, u dont mind, before making the decision!!! thanks again!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Is Patel really that good ? :S

I did a few questions that my teacher set in Patel, but they seemed abit simple. :S Maybe he just chose the easier ones?

HSC
hey - dont buy excel for maths just get a good variety of textbooks- fitzpatrick, cambridge, terry lee, maths in focus, patel-- for business you can get oxford... as a study guide i would recommend macquarie.-- Gud bookstore.. www.textbookexchange.com.au, this website, ebay?

HSC
I found that Terry Lee, Fitzpatrick and Cambridge were the textbooks I mainly relied on for Maths Ext. 2. I think that for ext.2 maths especially, you need a really wide range of textbooks and sources to really understand everything and all the possible questions that might come up.

ronnknee

Live to eat
HSC
Cambridge and Terry Lee were the most awesome for 4U Maths

badquinton304

HSC
The old black and white coroneos is awesome for revision exercise and his famous 100 integration questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)