• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Syllabus-Note Editing Team for Physics (1 Viewer)

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Hi everyone :) I was organising my notes the other day and come up with a notion that we could actually work together on the Internet as a syllabus-note editing team. The following is the outline of this project:

:eek: Aim:
to make notes for all every single "dot points" on all compulsory area of studies - Space, Motors and Generators and From Ideas to Implementation

:eek: Method:
1. gather people who are willing to get involved
2. as soon as the team is decided, allocate task for each individual
3. individuals commence the work they are allocated
4. collect all the notes and publish them into one single document
5. the document is then sent to everyone in the team for revision
6. additional information, ideas and/or amendments are made to the document
7. edit and produce a finalised copy of the notes
8. distribute the notes

Advantages of this project:
1. time economic
2. more accurate
3. semi-passive revision
4. great way to contribute
5. a varity of ideas and insights
6. allow easier understanding into the course for students who
are experiencing difficulties - as the notes are "created by
students for students"
7. best of all, (only applicable if you are genuinely involved), good
HSC marks and UAI

If you are really interested please contact me by e-mail, my e-mail address is lemonpichu@hotmail.com with a subject line of "Physics Syllabus-Note Editing Team". Thank you :)

This project are also avalible to the subjects listed below:
- Chemistry
- Biology
- Mathematics
- Mathematics Ext. 1
- Mathematics Ext. 2
- English (Standard)

Note: please don't post a comment if you think this is "stupid",
"pointless" or "crazy", this is a really great opportunity for
you me and everyone (yes, i'm pratially an idealist ;))

Last edited:

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
just a note, i found it really useful to summarise my own syllabus points. It wasn't the reading of my notes that helped me, it was more the going through each point and dicovering my own answers that helped.
In my opinion, if you gather everyone's notes and simply read them, either you have a very good learning capability, or in most cases it will be the same as reading a less in debt textbook.

mitochondria

*Rawr*!
HSC
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
just a note, i found it really useful to summarise my own syllabus points. It wasn't the reading of my notes that helped me, it was more the going through each point and dicovering my own answers that helped.
In my opinion, if you gather everyone's notes and simply read them, either you have a very good learning capability, or in most cases it will be the same as reading a less in debt textbook.

:) I do whole-heartly agree with you opinion - in fact I do find it really useful since I am the sort of person who can't learn something by simply reading it, further more, I just can't sleep if there is something I don't understand.

Although, the whole idea of this syllabus-note project is a revision for us, 2003 HSC candidates, and to have a variety of accurate insights into one idea - this is why everyone in the team will have to revise and help to improve the note.

I am pretty sure that you do understand that there are people out there who just can't learn physics (and I do mean really learning) by simply reading books and listening to teachers, even if they want to. I am not trying to disprove your opinion here, but truthfully, I guess amlost 90% of all physics students out there learn through books - which is not a good phenomenon.

May be it is not the time to critise the HSC, but some ideas in it are just far too abstract for an average student to understand.

Indeed, this syllabus-note is not for students who have done practically nothing or those who are uncommited to physics. It is actually an "aid" for revision and easy understanding to abstract ideas in the HSC Physics course.

Finally, in most cases when student create their own syllabus-notes (with the exception of geniuses), they often experience difficulties in understanding the subject; have mistakes in their notes; and the answers to the "dot points" are not profound enough. After all, this is the origion of my ideas on this project.

Thank you very much for you comment :) take care!

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
have u simply tried to make this team just or ur own electives onli :p

its not the first time ive seen this thread appearing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)