• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tell me who to vote for. (1 Viewer)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Asquithian said:
Quivvers as to the fate of Australia and Howard's right wing agenda.

Faith in the Liberal party to do what exactly?
To continue what they've been doing.... sure it hasn't be idealistic but what government is... but if Latham starts making some real policies instead of 'get fat kids thin' policies and stunts like Garret and the like, I may swing, but until now, Latham and labor as a whole haven't really impressed me in the slightest, at least with the Liberals, theres a sense of direction.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I don't like where Howard is going. He's screwing too many people over, and besides, because of him I don't get an 8% discount on textbooks for uni anymore.

I think we need Latham. Howard is too much of a Texan, and not enough of an Australian. What I mean is, he's always poking his head in America, too worried about what they're doing. Also not telling America to butt out whenever they make stupid comments about internel politics. I say Howard is too much of an arse licker, and he's licking the arse of the most dangerous man alive. In my opinion, Latham was right, and we need him.

I'm not really a Labor supporter (I hated Crean), but I definately will not support Howard, and so I'll bite the bullet this time. Though it doesn't make any difference here, my electorate has always been a Labor held area.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Howard is too much of a texan? Despite the Liberal Party's abvious support of the US to the extreme (for better or worse, I do not know as a mere uni student), Howard has always struck me as being conservative in a British, rather than American, sense.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Same here.

Umm, just a question and hopefully I get some unbiased responses, no ultra right/left wing crap..... What major things does Latham offer? and hows he going to support what he offers? because all I'm hearing is what is wrong with the current government, but what would the government be like if it changed hands?

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Raiks said:
Same here.

Umm, just a question and hopefully I get some unbiased responses, no ultra right/left wing crap..... What major things does Latham offer? and hows he going to support what he offers? because all I'm hearing is what is wrong with the current government, but what would the government be like if it changed hands?
One hopes, if they state what's wrong with the current government that they'd change it so that all the foibles of the current government don't exist anymore.

Also, the last time Latham made a "Government should..." statement, Howard did it. Saying his plans this close to the election and having Howard adopt one of them could be disasterous for him (as he adopts favourable plan, people vote Liberal, Labor loses).

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Asquithian said:
Beazley was defence minister in Desert storm when Bush Snr was in office.
I thought that was his (Beazley's) father? Oh well, if I'm mistaken, I'm mistaken.

Last edited:

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
LATHAM ... vote latham ... :p

i cant stand howard anymore ...

pcwizz

Rorix

HSC
Asquithian said:
Thesedays the Labor party is more 'liberal' in terms of social policy than the actual liberal party.
Maybe if you mean liberal in the American sense, rather than the traditional sense. The ALP isn't encouraging individual liberty - banning junk food advertising during kids shows, arguing that the baby bonus should be in installments (was this ALP? i think so) and so on.

BTW: Asqy given Latham's previous comments about Bush I can't really see them chilling at the ranch togeather :cool:

Generator

HSC
N/A
I am yet to hear Latham utter an anti-American remark. He/Labor is pro-USA, just not to the extent of the Liberal Party. I thought that that was common knowledge.

malkin86

HSC
I'd vote Democrats, then Greens, then Labor.. then the others. The person who caused the most trouble with the Democrats, Meg Lees, is now gone so the party should be improving.

Rorix

HSC
Generator said:
I am yet to hear Latham utter an anti-American remark. He/Labor is pro-USA, just not to the extent of the Liberal Party. I thought that that was common knowledge.
anti-American? no.

anti-Bush? Well, if you call labelling Bush "the most incompetent and dangerous president in living memory" as an anti-Bush remark, then yes.

Asqy: You seem too! BTW: You didn't answer my question.

Rorix

HSC
You're deliberatly trying to change the focus of the point - my point is that Latham and Bush will be the worst thing to happen to the US-Australia relationship since something bad.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Rorix said:
You're deliberatly trying to change the focus of the point - my point is that Latham and Bush will be the worst thing to happen to the US-Australia relationship since something bad.
We should of cut diplomatic relations with the US the moment Bush declared an illegal war on Iraq. I am ashamed our nation is allied with a country that clearly has no respect for international laws and human rights.

cayte

Spend an hour in the voting booth creating an artistic masterpiece involving a donkey somehow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)