• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Ashes (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think he's taken a bit of pace and added accuracy, which was missing from his original game, and that's made him into a fearful weapon. Agreed, greatly underused.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
It just goes to show how badly Australia were missing both Symonds and Lee in the previous two ODIs. Glad they were back.

otay

HSC
Finalyl a win. And a great effort. England never stood a chance, despite the uber-biased Ian botham insisting that while peteirson was their they did. Great bowlin from lee n mcgrath, even if goughy did take a few off the last few overs, sum very nice and composed battin from symonds, and great fieldin all-round, especially hussey. We are back. Also Lee should be considered for the test side, thought this for a while too.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
finally a win for australia after 4 losses from minnow teams (that includes england).

HSC
can i just say, channel 9 craps all over channel 7 when it comes to the cricket. tony squires has absolutely no idea what the hell he's talking about.

Trogie

HSC
king_of_boredom said:
can i just say, channel 9 craps all over channel 7 when it comes to the cricket. tony squires has absolutely no idea what the hell he's talking about.
True, the channel 7 commentators suck (except for Stuey McGill). Is it just me or does Kerry O'Keefe have the world's most annoying laugh? Sounds like he's got emphysema

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
yes!

richie benaud's half eyed commentary > all

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
What are you talking about, channel seven doesnt cover anything, nor are they commentating anything - they port to the English coverage. Tony Squires and Stewie arent commentating, just hosting the cross-over.
Ian Botham and Nasser Hussain are awesome commentators.... if youre into mega partisan stuff.

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
HotShot said:
but the pommy comentators are the worst in the world apart from tony greig.
Sorry if you dont understand what 'partisan' means.

Anyway, next game tonight.

Aussies by 5 wickets
MOTM: Ponting

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
HotShot said:
but the pommy comentators are the worst in the world apart from tony greig.
Must disagree, I'm enjoying their commentary team. Gower, Lloyd and Holding are excellent. Lehmann and Nass I can't stand. Botham is great, if you as Smokey said, account for his distatse of anything remotely Australian.

Tony Greig is unbelievably shit though, that much is true. Him and Chappeli need to be replaced.

Kerry O'Keefe is hilarious though. Love the bloke. Too bad he's too scared to laugh like he used too.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
haha kerry o keefe is a legend. he was hilarious on the fat and abc radio, havent had time to check out his segment on ch7 tho. someone once compared his laugh to a bronchitic hyena.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
HotShot said:
holding is not pommy! i just hate thier pommy accent.
Aye, but he's a part of their commentary team, which is what I thought you were reffering to.

But now I guess your issue is with hating Poms rather than judging how good their commentators are.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
Master Yoda said:
what as if tony's a legend
so r chappelli, and kerry okeefe's growing on me that laugh's hilarious

the only guy that needs to be replaced is that fuckin englishman who acts as if he's richie's superior, that guy's a dick
Tony's a carnt, Chappeli bores me, they're so stale now. That pommy guy Mark Nicholas is alright, he's got that "I'm a stiff pom" feel about him but he knows his shit and is generally a fair commentator. I reckon they should bring him back.

Kerry's a legend. Funniest cricket commentator going around.

HeCtic

Dutchie
HSC
And apparently Hayden told a schoolkid that "I wish you'd just fuck off" when he was taking the field

Smart move. The English press will love him for that.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
HeCtic said:
Aye, but he's a part of their commentary team, which is what I thought you were reffering to.

But now I guess your issue is with hating Poms rather than judging how good their commentators are.
yep that will me hate poms!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)