• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The future of our Union (1 Viewer)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
well, there's beer like New, VB, XXXX... then there's *beer* like Little Creatures, James Squire, etc.

It's kinda like comparing cask wine to wine from Tyrells, Lakes Folly, Brokenwood, etc. ;)

Cyph

espresso me up!
HSC
The_highwayman said:
since when is ANY beer classy?
You've a lot to learn, young padawn.

Unfortunately, I doubt you'll taste any real beer on tap in this fucking shit hole called Newcastle. You might be lucky to get Stella or James Squire amber ale on tap.. or maybe Coppers pale ale (Wests can't pour a fucking beer where the head stays for any longer than 30 secs, so that's a waste of time drinking it there). Apart from that, your best bet is Draught on tap which is decent, but on tap only.

Go to Sydney and some places have like 50 fucking beers on tap!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Back to the Union, does anyone find the food in the Hunter Caf to be a little on the pricey side since those new people have gone in?

$5 for a lasagne, $4.50 for a gnocchi...its not that its that expensive in itself, but its like, the same price(ish) as food from the Bar, for a container half the size!!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
They only fill up the chip containers halfway :( and then they only dribble the gravy on...

I'm not buying chips and gravy in protest.

EDIT: Rafters had pretty nice light meals that are decently priced (eg: their quiche with salad is only, like $4 something...) It's nice there too.

@Cyph: i dont drink, but i find it difficult to recal one single classy person that is complemented by the smell of yeast on their breath.

Last edited:

rific

HSC
That would be because a beer with class doesn't reek of yeast.

Not worth eating at the caf anymore - they didn't even have hot chips the other day. Lazy bastards.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
and wtf is with closing almost everything at 2 :( there are still people eating..at least close at 3, coz that's when it properly dies

em_516

bludging..
HSC
man, those burgers are pretty nasty and they're all around $4!! they're not even big!

rific

HSC
Do they actually have set opening hours, or is just on whim?

I spent $4.50 today on something from the caf, now I just have to work out what it was exactly.

Sigh, back to work now.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
yeh, it's like 10-2 or something lazy like that..but things like the aic cafe and i think pinkies are open a bit longer..gt bar serves food for a little while longer, but they pretty much stop MAKING things, and only heat whatever's left..

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
the shortland union is open til 7pm
and theyre still making stuff too
i go there sometimes
only "on the plate" is open tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)