• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

The Office (1 Viewer)

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Has anyone or does anyone watch 'The Office'?

It's on 10.05 pm on Mondays and i think David Brent is one of the funniest people i have ever not met.

The scene where he gave the motivational speech then put on "Simply the Best" by Tina Turner just cracked me up.

HSC
Finally someone with a little class is posting in this section! Gervais is the next comedy great. Matt Groening is even letting him write an episode of "The Simpsons", the first guest writer ever to be allowed to do that for the show.
My favourite is the line where Tim is guessing what Gareth is trying to think of..."Nope, actually I was wondering whether there will ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark." Hilarious!

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
Hahaha... classic.
Oh my god... two brilliant comedies combined... i might pass out.
My favourite gareth scene is where calls up david brent and was like "i like ur little beard" & "you should wear tighter pants" he just sounds so funny.
Who's your favourite character?

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
Woohoo! The Office rules. One of the funniest shows ever. Even though I love David Brent, I would have to pick Gareth as my favourite character! Has anyone here seen the Christmas Specials? I don't have cable or anything, and even though the ABC has the rights to them, they're apparently not planning to air them anytime soon :-(
Tender_Branson - man, I love that quote so much! Here, I'll post the whole thing so that we can relive the hilarity...

Gareth - “If you’re so clever, what am I thinking now?”
Tim - “You’re thinking how can I kill a tiger armed only with a biro.”
G - “No.”
T - “You’re thinking if I crash land in a jungle will I be able to eat my own shoes.”
G - “No. And you can’t”
T - “What are you thinking Gareth?”
G - “I was just wondering whether will there ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark.”

HSC
Yeah, I've seen the Christmas specials, I have every episode on DVD. Some of the extras are as funny as the show. My favourite charatcer would have to be Keith. His conversaion with Tim about "Peak Practice". Hilarious. And then there is his chat with Dawn about America...."Make sure you get a bum bag, but over there they don't call it that, they call it a fanny pack. Cos over there 'fanny' means your arse. Not your minge."

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I love the office. I got the complete box set dvd for finishing my hsc and have probably watched it over about 15 or so times. :) Favourite part is pretty much all of episode 4 series one, which is the "free love freeway" sing-a long episode. And also the bit in series two where the brent-meister is talking about bending over the corrs and doing them from behind. hah classic.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
absolution* said:
I love the office. I got the complete box set dvd for finishing my hsc and have probably watched it over about 15 or so times. :) Favourite part is pretty much all of episode 4 series one, which is the "free love freeway" sing-a long episode. And also the bit in series two where the brent-meister is talking about bending over the corrs and doing them from behind. hah classic.
lmao
did you get the free mini calendar thing with urs?

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
absolution* said:
Favourite part is pretty much all of episode 4 series one, which is the "free love freeway" sing-a long episode.
Yes that is brilliant!!!

Okay anyone could say any scene and I would just say it was brilliant. The whole show deserves a medal. Or at least a Golden Globe.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
fawlty towers still remains the best ever comedy to date though :uhhuh:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I think someone needs to buy the box set and watch the special "golden globe featurette" .

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
absolution* said:
I think someone needs to buy the box set and watch the special "golden globe featurette" .
I think i do.

My boyfriend has them but i havent watched the whole thing... im just enjoying it week by week at the moment on tv but ive seen some of the later ones too.

Yes i think ive worked out what im doing tomorrow.

Office Marathon!

stamos

sellout
HSC
in the office they rip the shit out of people who retell jokes badly to colleagues

i love it how the guys i work with retell bits of this series badly when we're bored

Ziff

HSC
N/A
It's like a real office. I worked at a telemarketing firm once - my boss was David Brent, yeh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)